Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Cannot install WinXP service Pack!

Guest gasebah

I cannot install the service pack for WinXP as I have a German version and the Pack is English. I am so po'ed. Now I can wait 3 months until MS cares to translate the stuff. Next time I will get an American version when I am in the U.S.. Thank god I have an English version of FS2002.Sorry, I know that does not belong here but I had to get it from my chest and my wife couldn't care less.:-)Alex

Well, I wouldn't be so po'ed. You can still get the updates one by one sort of from Win Updates ?I have mixed feelings about Service Packs: they correct zillions ofthings and... apply new bugs. It is like a new piece of software altogether.Case and point:Recently with my stock Win XP, I am able to run 2048x1536x32 with FS2K2 and without AA (no jaggies at that rez). That's the beauty of it. The performance is equal to what I get at 1280x1024x32 without AA. But the simulator is so good...(I'm still impressed).If I apply SP1, I loose that functionality... I passed many hours trying to get SP1 to recognize that resolution. No way, it doesn't accept it. So, I've discarded SP1. I will apply the Updates one by one as I see fit and if a 'fix' creates more problems than solving it, it is uninstalled.Pierre

That's why I'll use always UK version :-) private...and on professional base always UK for Server and Work stations versions... (Then I'm not talking about one PC but large networks, whole different as one simple workstation)Further we get always the SP sooner as the general public (end users)The best is always to wait a little and install on test machines (we got several in our test lab :-))Then apply it after the several hot fixes... by the way I'll hate windows update :( and that is a professional opinion...awfEHAM

André

Guest gasebah

Thx guys. That was very helpful.Alex

Alex,I still don't care since I'm over here using my MAC!:-lolThe WifeSorry Alex! You asked for it!!