Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesH

Come on people lets play nice!!!!!

Guy's you don't see my point here. I'm not trying to ruin the hobby regardless of what you my think. It was ruined the day people started saying he violated my copyright or she stole that. I'm just pointing out the FACT that any of you that have EVER copied a livery or logo that is copyrighted, or has a restricted trademark without permission, has DONE just the same exact thing as what Anniette accused the person who copied her textures. I have no intention of making you leave. I rather you not. What I'd like to see is you be less hypocritical. I'd like to see people to be to post here without being bashed just because they have an opinion. Next time you accuse somebody of stealing call your attorney and file a civil suite instead of calling them a theif on a forum.

The above attorneys obviously know this: "They may not be used for advertising, business or personalcommunications. These graphic identifiers are registeredtrademarks of UPS and must appear with the appropriate register"clearly means that you may do whatever the hell you want with the logo. I think guys the key word in this would be mmmmm "PERSONAL COMMUNICATION"Now this one "US Airways owns all of the data and information contained on these web pages. You can review and download this data and information for your own personal use, but you may not copy the data or information, or distribute it to any other party. Copyright

I'm not dispute - what anybody can do what they believe is necessary with their work - of course not!If you like you simply - can say - is mine do not touch!What I'm say - is automatically grant permission on txt file - again on those file you like other to develop or work with - - rather than wait email from developers and ask for permission for every single move the would like to do - of course also ask you are the author of the original work and you name must be included in txt when the new work is released - this system has produced lots of good freeware - where authors have joint forces - - you know this is called share with others. - make it easy - and relax! the rules - and enjoy - rather than thinking too much about it - . That is what I'm talking about.Ray

Don't accuse somebody if you didn't get permission from the original author in the first place.Just ask permission thats all!!!!!!!!!Is it ok to distribute A fake Mona Lisa that you copied without permission? Is it ok that I copy your copy of the Mona Lisa and distribute it without your permission? Who is right and who is wrong in this case? Would I be a theif or you be a theif?Jeff

Ok I see we have too much different views - So this discussion is turning a bit too much and I say -Good night

aww crap I just violated their copyright by posting their statements here :) This is a game guys and girls.

Well gang, it appears that we have made rediculous restrictions on our work like "Don't copy it without our permission". Then we totally stepped over the line by complaining when someone didn't follow these restrictions. Then we find that we really don't have the any right to say what can be done with our work, and that it really wasn't our work to begin with because we stole it, which naturally follows that anyone else has the right to steel it. We've totally ruined this hobby y'all. So let's do the honorable thing here and turn ourselves into the authorities. The Tahitian authorities. Which boarding gate are we at again? Wait, I forgot my camera.Mike Stone :-outta

Guest Scott Campbell

Ray,Because it's Anniette's work and she can do whatever she wants with it. If she doesn't want others to use it without her permission, that's her prerogative. If she doesn't want anyone else using it except for the aircraft it's painted for, without any modifications, that's her prerogative too.I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why, oh why, does everyone keep thinking that because it's freeware it's Public Domain? It isn't. I get so sick of this crap. You would not say any of this about any payware textures, would you?Anniette, it's time to start charging. I'll pay you a ten bucks an aircraft - but you are worth so much more.

Forget the camera....as long as you have the Bacardi, we'll do fine! :) Can't use these little umbrellas on a camera!Don

Just distribute the faked Mona Lisa - and make sure - that you include a document - which state that the original is done by me!

Thanks Scott :) There would be two prices from Free to people like you and unafordable to people like these 13 post,21post nothing in the library people that just drive people away from the hobby with there "my opinion" Well enjoy your opinion guys and I hope there will be enough people left to listen to you Anniette

Didn't we just discuss all this in the last thread and the thread before that, oh and the the thread last week, or the one the week before that. How many times can we talk abot the same thing. I think it is clear- Do not copy textures without asking permission from those that created them. If you do........you are toast!!And as far as logos go? Has anyone here ever been contacted by a lawyer about using them?

Anniette,I use to have quite a bit at Flight Sim .com and some in Avsim. A while back I had Nels remove them because I work for the REAL LIFE airline counterpart. They frown upon Trademark infrigement. You can see some of my work in your original "Stolen" post and at UPS virtual Aircargo. UPS requested that UPS Virtual Aircargo change their Logo as well. If you go there you will see the UPS Logo has a VAC on the top instead of the "knotted Box" of Real UPS. Have a nice evening

It has been known, and I'm not going to go into specifics here. But only, in my experience, where there was a chance of virtual airlines being confused with the real McCoy. Freeware repaints for fun? Fine. Commercial? Well, many more reasons to have permission, but I know some that haven't. They're still in business.As you say, John, here we go again (and I'm not helping by even posting this) and shame on you, Jeff, for stirring the goddamn pot once more. For God's sake, let's all go flying.Anniette, save me a steak on that barbeque in Tahiti anyway: as long as we all continue to meet there in FS2002. We'll need Bill Melichar's scenery when we get there, of course ... more wonderful freeware. Keep up the good work, y'all.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg