Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesH

Come on people lets play nice!!!!!

Guest Scott Campbell

Jeff,Just for the record, my post wasn't in response to yours, but to Ray.

Guest CharlesH

I join you, I cannot wait. Nice sun shine, BBQ going. Boy I cannot wait. Let all go, and leave this mess behind. Jeff, shame on you for causing such a mess, and then say I am sorry. This is not right and not acceptable for where I come from. Charles

Guest Scott Campbell

Oh I've got something much better than cigars. ;-)

Guest CharlesH

Hi Mike: Sure Cuban cigars of course, unless you like something else.Charles

Hmmmmmm.......I may not come back if it gets too nice there! If we're going to be in the islands for a while, how about cranking us out a Lake Renegade or Buccaneer? Be nice for island hoping! I'll bring the cigars. Can we put the umbrellas in the cigars too? LOL!!! Man, this part of the thread is making sense! LOL! See ya buddy! We'll never clear customs with all this!Don

Why do I keep biting on this :-rollI'm not saying I'm sorry for what I have stated. I'm sorry that some people think I'm trying to destroy the hobby when I'm not. I could tell you from personal experience why I stated what I did. I have explained to some the reasons why in private. I didn't cause this mess. I wasn't the one who accused another. I wasn't the one who stole from another. What I stated was from first hand knowledge. Thats all. I guess where you come from if I'm not a designer or a painter then I should be shamed upon. I'm glad I'm where I'm at and you are where you are.Good night

Hey, Alpha,You know? --I only have 16 or so posts......but I try to make them count. Dad always said, Better to keep silent and let people say you're a fool, than open your mouth and confirm their opinion.I read a lot, post little. Something in me rose up in that other thread, and I had to speak. Seems like the whole world is turning into poop and some folks like it that way.Maybe I won't come back from Tahiti. I could stay there and become a... --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Jeff; you don't have to apologize for participating in a discussion in a form. Or in this case, several discussions. The problem with some people is they don't read very well. The problem with other people is they're just plain biased or ignorant of the facts. I enjoy a good debate; but when someone responds to my thoughts on a particular subject with personal insults, I usually know that it's time to bow out and not stoop to that level.You didn't start that trashy thread and neither did I. But I guess there's some folks out there that don't think either of us have a right to express an opinion or thought on a particular subject. I used to make and publish stuff over at the xplane site. I've pulled all my stuff down from there a long time ago. I've also made stuff for myself in FSim. Wouldn't even consider posting any of that for public consumption cause it's all made from parts of this and parts of that. It's best just to leave when people start to get nasty.

This is a crazy debate....Anniette you have every right to be angry if someone steals your stuff.I would too.For the airline copyright thing....How many FS versions since there were representations of real airlines liveries on FS planes...A lot...Besides AA,what airline ever complained to the point of having there FS counter part removed....mmmm i bet your hangar would be empty if it was the case Jeff.....It's good publicity for them,the airlines will never stop that from happenning... what are you talking about..People, let's praise the freeware developers,and let's just keep flying the planes that they generously "give" to us.I'm not too worry about the airlines...Keep flying Richard CYHZ

Has everyone forgot why a Jordan basketball jersey costs $45? I would like to see any of these people who think some one stole something from somebody go out and start selling/giving away Niki/Bear hats in front of Illini stadium on Sunday that are not endorsed by Niki/Bears. You would be in jail real quick with all your "orginal freeware" in the trash. You people who paint aircraft, even it if is all yours, are still copying the work of the orginal artist/trademark. If you don't think so, why was American able to keep you from doing it? Simple, the orginal work and image belongs to them, not you. Let see now, the 757 has been downloaded about 2000 times now and will probably run to about 5000 downloads time all of the repaints are counted. The royality is at least $10 for a Niki/Bear hat, so we are looking at 50K in lost revenue for the owners of the trademarks. Money drives the world folks, hurt fellings has nothing to do with it. Take the bas.tards to court and see who ends up paying the court fees. You might even generate enough "NEWS" that the real owners of the trademark get upset, and in these times of shrinking margins, might even decide to get what belongs to them back. Follow the money for what will be judged "right" in the real world. You really don't want to wake the sleeping elephants.Bob

Just as long as those cigars don't have any trademark symbols on them.... :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol

OK, Tom A., are you listening? The supreme court has spoken and they have determined that every aircraft livery on Avsim is illegal, except of course for the very few that might have actually contacted the airlines. I still bet that makes 90% of the files on Avsim illegal. That makes you an accessory. Better shut that library down bud and come join us in Tahiti. I know I for one won't be adding any more illegal works (on top of severely flawed) to the library. I'll sleep on it tonight and let you know what I want done with all of my aircraft that are already there. Mike Stone

Guest CharlesH

Hi Mike:You are correct, the Supreme Court has ruled on this already. I guess like you, I guess I am illegal too. I join you on vacation too. This whole thing is quite a mess. I believe if Tom A. would pose this questions to AVSIM legal staff, he would find out his contentions are wrong. AVSIM sure would be in big trouble if they put illegal aircraft, panels and designs on its website. I sure remember the whole mess with AA, awhile back. AA allowed people to use their textures as long as a disclairmer was added. Tom A.does not know what he is talking about. What is doing is driving people way from this fine community and attacking people like you, Annietee and Heather for no reasons at all. You don't deserve this at all. Mike, I have you a fine cigar waiting for you in Tahiti. Charles

You are absolutely right. From now, it is absolutely nothing but Soar, Pacifica and Orbit for me. I am deleting every freeware addon that has any hint, potential, or appearance of realism from my hardrive. I will absolutely not support any such wrongdoing. Avsim needs to immediately go through all their files and delete anything that has any hint, potential, or appearance of real life symbols or equipment, or risk being sued. You three are absolutely right.What in (Favorite Deity)'s name are you thinking? How about a little common sense, please? Do you folks have so much pride that you cannot bear to apologize to Anniette and Mike. They have done nothing but spend their own time and effort to create things that enhance the enjoyment of this game and then graciously share them with the rest of the world for no personal gain except a little notoriety in this small corner of the internet. What have they done to draw such ire from you people? So somebody knowingly or unknowingly did something against Anniette's wishes and she made her displeasure known. Is a little respect for a fellow human's wishes something this anathema? So anathema that we'd rather nobody be creating repaints anymore before we are willing to respect an author's wishes? Why is it that once somebody goes down a road, whether after much thinking or off the cuff, that they have to defend that stance all the way into preposterousness? What is so hard about saying "I am sorry." No, not "I am sorry if you're upset by what I've done, but I ain't budging one iota." But rather, just "I am sorry." Is it that hard? Are we that full of pride? Can't we define our manhood in other ways than playing devil's advocate for the sole purpose of showing how smart we think we are?Pathetic. It's just a game. Why are you trying so hard to try and bring Anniette to tears. A girl finally shows up and you people go all out to try and tear her up. Sad.I actually hope Anniette and Mike quit sharing their work. Not only for their own legal protection, but just so that we can all stew in the bland tasteless soup we've created for the future of this hobby. Thank you for showing me the light.