Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesH

Come on people lets play nice!!!!!

"Anniette, he probably went too hard on the bottle Un verre

Ok Jeff Thank you ,it took a long while to read all this but I would never Knowing and the important part is "knowing" do any thing wrong so from what i understand i am not aloud to distribute a paint if it has the image of a airline on it as it is there logo .I can use it for my own use but not publish.I think that is what i understand so simply I will not Publish any more Aircraft Livery I will keep them for my own use only and This way Now I am aware of these things I will not be doing anything wrong .It is Good that people can see that there is Right and there is wrong but I am Never going to do something I know to be wrong and although my past ignorence is no excuse I shall be more carefull what I do in future.Anniette xxxxxxx

Anniette, What you are doing with your textures is not wrong, although there seems to be a number of mean spirited individuals who are trying to convince you of that, in a pathetic attempt to excuse someone elses behavior. The criticisms and attacks on myself and my work have increased several fold since I took my "vacation" to try and get away from it all. Maybe the answer is that if people can't appreciate what you give them, don't give it. What's say lets both head off to Tahiti?Mike Stone

Ok Mike I am with you 100% we go tahiti and leave these people to themselves ,because some people are starting to make me feel very unwelcome and however nice and Kind the others are it still seems that some people leave you feeling like "Merde"and who wants this everyday ? life is too short :)Maby some others may join us in Tahiti when they also have enough :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest John_Hirsch

Before anyone goes off and quits painting airplane liveries, read carefully what the logo owners say. In all instances, the key words are "commercial use" or "for profit". You may generally use a paint scheme and make it available to simmers as long as you don't sell or make a profit from the livery. Another caveat when using a firm's logo is that you do nothing to harm or degrade the company in any way by using their logo or trademark.What this says, Anniette, is that you can continue to paint liveries as long as you do not sell, for profit, or use it for commercial purposes AND that you do not do anyting to degrade or harm the company.We look forward to your good work, Aniette, it's people like you that make flight simming enjoyable. Thank you for your efforts.

Sounds good to me! I could use a vacation -- I haven't had one since 1996. Can I bring my family? Brews? My 12-string and fipple flute? --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Apart from the above there is also a Fair Use Doctrine that would even allow you to use their logos (with no permission) in commercial use provided some criteria are met. These are simple concepts that some here (like JeffCole) fail to comprehend.Michael J.

I'll go! All this that has happened, has not happened to me personally to this extent. BUT what bothers me is that it is even happening. What really bothers me too is that it is happening to good people. I am tired of all this destructive criticism and attacks on others. I am tired of people who get stuff for free complaining about it. I am tired of people with low morals and principles defending thieves and liars. This community has exploded into nothing but a ######fest for any reason at all. When my kids act like this, they end up in their rooms. Most of you all are adults. Get a grip. This is a game. This is a hobby. This is where people do things for fun and relaxation. You folks blowing gaskets about Mikes tires and noses and the other 459 things you have found wrong with his plane need to find something else to do. But this isn't about Mike or Anniette or anyone in particular. Advice? Make it better yourselves. Don't dictate how the free stuff you receive should be. Why don't you call your parents and give them your full expectations of their will. It's free too. GREAT NEWS! Now comes the copywrites out of the closet. Guess every plane will now have to be bare textured now and you paint it yourselves. Cool with me! I can do that. But can everyone? No! Keep pushing the buttons of these folks out here and this will become a boring hobby. You also won't be able to upload the planes by their names as those are also copywritten and registered property of their owners. ie. Boeing, etc. Nope all that should go too, correct? Is that what you folks really want. Tighten the screws a little bit more and that will become a reality. What I am saying and asking is to be more of a community with a positive community spirit. These slamfests that have been happening are only chasing the good away. Guess what will be left? The future of this hobby depends on the spirit of its participants. Right now the spirit really sucks in my opinion. Lets try to be a bit more leniant in wishing for perfection. It will not be attained. Like I said the other day, treat each other like family and as a tight community and things will work out a lot better. Keep up the wave of the present and it will be gone for good.Off the soapbox for tonight. Packing for Tahiti now! :)Don

Donmo Well made point but wasted here i think,You are most welcome to come to Tahiti the sun is hot the sea is warm and the trees are loverly shade to sit under and listen to BeachComer's 12 stringAhhhhhhh Sounds good :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Me I express my point of View.I think is pointless carry on with this matter - when the person who did it has apologise and admitted his fault - we all agree - it was wrong!!But also - I belive Anniette is far too strict with her work - like she has some sort of fear - in sharing with somebodyelse - Perhaps she can look into her policy - and help others authors in producing more repaints - extracted from her base bmp - of course - there will be freeware and also will be on the benefit of all.After all what she has to loose?? - many authors do share their work and join efforts - in having more fun - rather than put somebody on the fire every 5 minutes!have a good trip to Tahiti!Just an opinion - Ray

Ray I am trying to remain calm and see your side but you make statements about me and no nothing about me so what am i to think ?I paint for many VA and ask nothing in return ,you never see them they are sent direct to the requester.I get a email from somebody asking to use my texture ,I usualy say yes sure ,inless it is a person who has been rude about me in the past, and I put people in the fire every five minutes ,what are you talking about ? do you even read what you write ?It is these sort of things that cause problems with me ,when people say things without knowing what they are talking about "just an opinion"Take care anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is all about how you feel about your work and how unique you think it is. If I were in this line of business and was painting airplanes and I was doing a mediocre job - I probably wouldn't care if someone 'stole' it - maybe I would even feel flattered. On the other hand if I considered myself an 'artist' and was very proud of my work I would demand (a) permission to use it (:( that my name was properly recognized in this other work © the product had the overall quality that I approve of. I personally don't think it is too strict.It is like having an old beat up car - you could probably lend it to your neigbor very easily. But if it was a new Lamborghini you would most likely put up some demands. ;-)Michael J.

It's HER work. She can put what ever restrictions SHE wants to on it. It belongs to HER. All she asks is for the potential user to ASK. THAT isn't asking too much. Just ASK! Would you ask your neighbor to borrow his mower, or would you just take it and tell him he should share better? Of course not. Just play by the prescribed rules is all anyone asks. Why should the rules be different in here then anywhere else on the planet? This thinking of what's your is mine, does not exist outside of marriage. This isn't a marriage. It's a hobby. Some folks just want it all. Guess what? It ain't gonna happen!DonPacked and heading for the airport! Where's my Bacardi????

Never mind. I got the Bacardi, just grab the glasses and a handful of those itty bitty umbrelas.Mike Stone