Sign in to follow this  

AETI Yoke users pls help!

Guest gasebah

I can buy an AETI Yoke plus pedals for 429.- Euro. But it is the gameport version. Does anybody use the gameport version with WinXP?Does it work well. I am so excited, but I wanna know for sure before buying that thingy.Alex

Hi Alex:I have the AETI II Yoke and Throttle and Cirrus pedals (Gameport version). They worked great with Windows 98SE, but as soon as I installed Windows XP they would not work since the have not come out with a driver that will allow the gameport version to work with Windows XP. I am currently having to use a $40 joystick with my expensive equipment lying idle. You would think AETI would have come out with a proper driver by now. Very dissapoined!!!My advice, Ask the seller for a trial period to be sure it works with your system.

Guest gasebah

Thx Charlie,that was exactly what I was afraid of. Have you tried to install it manually as a 6-button flight yoke w/two POVs and throttle?This might work I thought.Alex

I did this with my PFC jetliner yoke, and it works. It seems they are simlar yokes, but I am not 100% sure. Best, Jaime

Guest Miro Majcen

I am using the gameport version of AETI Yoke with CH Peddals in XP Pro for some time. I installed the default Yoke drivers that came with XP and had no problems runing that. Now CH have also released new drivers for their yokes which you can use with AETO Yoke without any problems. Best regards, Miro MajcenManaging Editor EuropeAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Alex,I have the Gameport version of the AETI yoke working with XP. It uses CH Drivers and they have issued a version for XP. Using this driver, the FS2002 Control assignments and the Latest versions of FSUIPC all the buttons are assignable.It's a great yoke and well worth it at 429 euros. In the UK it is still being sold at

Ditto Keith's comment, works fine with the XP version of the CH CombatStick driver.

Guest gasebah

I just bought it. Will pick it up from the current owner next weekend. I guess I did the right thing.I am very excited. This will make my little home cockpit complete. The only thing is now that I won't be using my CH Yoke anymore I will need a console for prop and mixture. The CH Yoke had three levers for throttle, mixture and prop. So what now? Will this insanity ever stop?Alex

Alex,I hope you enjoy it!. Yes it is addictive. I have the PFC Throttle Quadrant as well as the yoke. It's magnificent.Put it on your Christmas present list!Best wishesKeith