Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilipManwaring

CAN SOME TELL ME STEP BY STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO LAND TH

THE BOEING 747-400 PLEASE PLEASE I CANT DO IT I NEED SOME HELP IM BEGGING SOME TO TELL ME HOW TO LAND ITWHO AM I?.14/M/KY.STUDENT AT NHHS... NORTH HARDIN HIGH SCHOOLGRADE 9.IM IN ROTC PLANNING AND PREPARING TO GO INTO THE USAF AND BECOME AND OFFICER SO I CAN FLY THE F-15 FIGHTER JET.HOBBYS GAMES MUISC TV NOW PLEASE HELP WITH THE 747-400

Damon,You sound like a beginner.If you're serious and this is not a brief flirtationwith FS2002, I'd advise you to become competent withall aspects of flying the Cessna, then move to the 737 and when you can fly both well, then learn the 747. It's a processwhich takes years.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest mikehaska

I'll second that. Take the lessons included with FS2002. Start with your Private Pilot and work up from there. You need to build a foundation before you can start work on the roof!

Naaaah, just use the autopilot.Dave BlevinsKRHVP.S. STOP SHOUTING we hear you fine.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

?Who puts there period at the begining of a sentence,SincerelyKilstorm

Don't be so goddamn pedantic. They are points, not periods. He's 14, for heaven's sake. By the way, it's spelt "their".Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Sorry, Kilstorm, you say what you want if it pleases you; wrong of me to snap back like that. I'm just getting bored with having to sift through all these posts looking for something about flightsim.Damon, follow Peter's advice. Learn on the Cessna, and then transfer that knowledge to the bigger stuff. You'll find it really satisfying that way, and it's a lot less expensive on Boeings!http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest PhilipManwaring

I agree with all these posts, but just in case you already can handle the smaller craft, here's one thing that will kill you for sure in the 747 and might be the source of your frustration: don't try to land with full tanks of fuel. Go to the Fuel option under the Aircraft menu and empty out the center tanks and have no more than 40% in the wing tanks. Too much fuel requires too much nose-up attitude during landing and make it exceptionally hard to put her down softly at a reasonable speed, not to mention that you can't see where you're going. Hope this helps. Happy flying,Philip.