Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

A310 panel..good news/bad news (pic)

The panel was basically finnished months ago, but being busy on the Dreamfleet 727 meant I had little interest in doing doc's for an Airbus so it just sat there.The bad news is, the most recent version was on my second HD (I simply never got around to installing it on the new one when I upgraded my PC) and my 14 year old son decided to take the second HD out of the PC to try in one he was building during the summer holidays. The silly sod only went and formatted the HD!!!!!Anyway, from an early beta I have, and a few stray file copies that I've found I've now got the thing completed......but it has no ND gauge. I spent ages trying to work out how to edit xml and ending up with a hacked MS 747 EHSI that looked like the Airbus ND gauge, ARC mode and all.Sadly, I have no inclination to do the gauge again (let alone having absolutely no time either). Maybe someone will read this and tell me where a freeware Airbus looking ND gauge can be found?Just to upset you further. The project was to include normal and pilot views as well as an OH and all 2d cockpit views. Oh well, just as well the 727 work gets copied to CD!This is what the A310 looked like some 6 months ago.http://www.blandreynolds.btinternet.co.uk/A310.pilot.jpgAll the best,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Guest PhilipManwaring

Yikes! That's got to be frustrating for you!You might want to take a look at the panel that FLightcraft are providing with their A340. It includes an ND and perhaps the developers would be willing to share.Happy flying,Philip.

Guest Eugen

Hi Paul,I have seen a couple of nd xml gauges one that Miguel Angel Alvarez has done for a320. Search for Miguel in the file libray and you'll get 2 hits.Chris Reed has done one for B737 NG that is public domain. Maybe it could be used in some way? also available in the file library.There is also a Avro ARJ/ BAE nd developed by Matthias Lieberecht also in the file library.I hope you'll work something out without to much work while I am looking forward to your new a310 panel.BrgdsEugen

Guest flightpro08

Looks fantastic Paul! Is aquiring an ND gauge all there's left to do before it's uploaded? :DRyan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Well I hope that baby might be finished...Been lookin for a good A300/310 panel...TIMMAY!!

you and me both bill :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Time for that CD burner, Paul?Or maybe some good locks so your brats can't get to the PC in the future.Keep up the good work!

Im in the meantime using your FS98 panel for the A310, which looks substantially similar...though the text in the MFD's looks awful small!I sure hope you are eventually able to release at least a partial update to that panel.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Paul,Don't know if you remember me but a couple of years ago you've helped me a lot making my Panels. So it would be a pleasure for me to help you now. If you have some good information or good photos about the A310 ND which you can send me I could programm the Gauge for you.Best regardsMatthias

Guest A32X

I know you guys dont like to do this but a Version 0.9 release would suit me!Regards,

Hey those are some great links! You guys always educate me on wahts on the web!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg