Sign in to follow this  

Are they good !

Hello all flightsimmersI need yor advise on those two aircrafts:FLIGHT 1 CESSNA 421C and DREAMFLEET PIPER ARCHER IIIs it worth the investment ! Are they frame rate friendly !thanks Louis

I don't have the 421, but I do have the Archer. YES it's worth it! Very nice plane. The new Cardinal is also a sweetheart too. I like the Piper better, but I'm a Real Piper man from years ago!Don

I love the cessna 421. It is one of my favorite planes and I fly it often. It takes a little while to learn to fly this baby well since it is high performance, but once you do, it is fun and fast. For a GA plane, I highly recommend it.

Guest RobK

I have Dreamfleet's Archer II and I love it, worth every penny IMO. I really like the way it flies. It handles very smoothly. At least on my system, I do notice a bit of a fps drop in the VC, but not drastic enough to make it unflyable. I usually prefer to fly the heavies, but the Archer II has actually made me enjoy flying GA planes. It is just such a nice flying plane. :)Rob

I bought the Cessna 421. It is a beautiful plane but virtually unflyable for me, due to low frame rates. While I normally average 18-30 FPS I drop to an average of 8... sometimes 4! I LOVE the way the panel looks... but it is so frustrating to try to fly with such low frame rates. Everyone raves about what a great plane it is but I can't get usable frame rates. It's parked for now. FYI - P3-1GHz, 512M RAM, Geforce 3 Ti500. EddieKSLC

I would go with both of those. Though neither is my real favorite, they are both very well done, fly like dreams, and have great panels. If I were to choose from the two, I'd say the Archer, only because the panel is better than the C421 (comparatively). My fps for both are good, though, my FPS run at about 10-15 for both, and generally run at about 15-20 with defaults.Scott

Yes, it's a bit heavy on your machine (kinda surprising for a Gmax aircraft, guess it's that marvellous com/nav system).But your performance drop is indeed severe, probably your low(er) spec CPU.Try setting the update frequency lower for the navigation display. Might help.

I have flown the real archer from time to time and in my opinon the DF archer is right on the money within the limits of Fs2k2.The DF archer has alot of config options that make this a very nice package.The vc of the archer is so crisp and clear. it's almost hard to believe it's not the 2d panel.The FPS on the archer are not to heavy on the FPS.I can't comment on the 421 sence I do not have it .It really depends on what you like to fly i guess.Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

I have both. Both are my favorite airplanes of their type. When I fly a single engine GA airplane...its the archer. When I want to fly a longer distance in a fast, well equipped twin, its the 421. I also have the FSD Cheyenne. Dont fly that as often. Im about a quarter around in an EB RTW trip right now from Atlanta in the 421. Currently enjoying some Italian food and sites at LIMC. Got there in about 6 hops from KATL.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

hmm, I'm doing much the same. RTW in the 421, except I started in the Netherlands. Currently tanning in the UAR before flying to Pakistan.