Sign in to follow this  
brucek

B727 Airline: Pan American Airlines?

Does anyone know much about this airline in current times? I guess it's the same name as the infamous PanAm of Juan(sp?) Trippe?I see it has B727-200's in it's fleet, and appears to operate in the NE, Florida and Carribean areas. The lack of current airlines using the B722 (for those of us that like reality in our schedules :) ) might make this a nice airline to operate our B722's.Bruce.PS. (edit) I just noted the apparent issue of copyrights involving a B722 in this livery. My post was coincidental, I'm not trying to prolong that issue.BK.

Guest Scott Campbell

Bruce,I thought this particular flavor of PanAm went out of business a while back. :-hmmm

Hi Scott,I saw one on Flight Explorer this afternoon (PanAm B727-200), that's what got me looking on the web for where the airline's routes are.I'm like you- I thought they had gone out of business too, it's hard to keep up!Thanks,Bruce.

Pan Am is flying to various airports on the East Coast of US and possibly San Juan, P.I using B727-200 aircraft. At Project AI, there is a flightplan schedule which I have installed since I live near KSFB (Sanford-Orlando, FL) which Pan Am serves. KSFB is also used by several other charter/regular airlines from Europe.

I believe this third gen Pan Am also flies (or flew) out of Gary, IN (KGYY-just SE of Meigs) to Sanford and the East Coast. Additionally, they formerly flew from Mid-America Airport. (joint use with Scott AFB-Belleville, IL)

Thanks all, for the information. This iteration of PanAm must be the last pax airline using the B727's here in the U.S. I know that FedEx is still using them as freighters.Thanks,Bruce.

Bruce:Elaborating a bit on JonB's post regarding the PanAm B727 service out of Gary, IN (KGYY): Being from that area originally, I know this to be the case yet unfortunately, they filed chapter 11 bankruptcy just recently and flew their last flight a few months back. No matter, I still like to fly Aniette's repaint of Mike Stone's B727 for nostalgic flights into or out of Gary (they have an 8,200 FT ILS-equipped runway there) to my new home town of Minneapolis or in the other direction to Carribean destinations, as they actually did once a day from Gary for the past few years.Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Bruce,that is so weird, they still fly to KSFB Sanford, FL in large numbers. I see them every day here and I also live right under the FAF for rwy 9L and it's a beautiful site to see the good ole 727. There main hub I believe is Tampa, FL.I wonder what really happend to them. I just recently moved here, maybe somebody at the airport can fill me in. I'll try to do some research there tomorrow.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hi Alex,Yes, there's something about the old classic aircraft that's special!Thanks,Bruce.

Hi Pete,Interesting. I muist take note and post here when I next see PanAm flying a B727 on Flight Explorer.In fact, here's one right now (8:44PM MDT- 00:44 Zulu, 9/8):PanAm Flight 276 SFB-EWR (currently over the border of NC and SC, flight level 362 and descending).Departed 00:37Z, will arrive 02:41Zand: PanAm Flight 605 MIA-SFB (currently 1/2 way up the FL peninsular, flight level 230 and ascending). Departed 01:12Z, will arrive 01:53Z- short flight!Both are B727 flights.PanAm lives on!!Bruce.

They have a website... http://www.flypanam.com/ The airline's hub is Pease International in Portsmouth NH. They fly between Maine and the Bahamas. thay also operate one of the FBO's at Pease and specilize in Stage 3 mods for 727's and other large aircraft repairs.Brian