Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Probst 727 panel & very noisy cockpit: how do i...

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,maybe this has been discussed before, so forgive me for asking...I'm giving a try to Probst 727 wonderful panel but once aircraft loaded the cockpit is very noisy also with sound sliders full left.The only remedy is to turn off battery and so silence finally become.Surely i know i have to turn off somethig but really i'm unable to; can anyone please suggest what i have to turn off instead of the battery? maybe the AC? and if so, where is its switch?Thanks in advance...from a very noisy cockpit ;-)I have forgotten to say that the terrible noise starts as soon as i select B727 in aircraft menu, that it's audible both in cockpit and spot view and it suddendly stops when i select another aircraft using FS2002 menu. I'm trying two B727 sound packs (UKENA and CARERI), they both work fine with 727 if i couple M.Stone aircrafts with any other 727 panel. Strange isn't it?Luigi

The noise is the simulated sound of the ventilation fans that are activated with power up. No way to turn it off. Sorry, it's just the way the 727 is. Try turning your speaker off.

Guest wkzzo

Luigi ,I think the sound your talking about is called rp727_400hz.wav, you can open this wav file up if you want with a sound editor, I use creative wave studio and record it at a lower volume ,then save the file and place it back in your fs2002 sound directory and overwrite the original .But make a back up of the original file first before you start playing with it. Update- I looked at the file luigi and it appears to be at the lowest volume level I can select already in the wave editor Im using ,if I select a lower volume level I cannot hear the sound at all, so maybe I cannot lower the volume.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Wallace,i just edited rp727_400hz.wav using Cool Edit.I lowered volume and now it should be only 25%; i'll test and reportThank you Luigi ;-)

How do you get rid of that annoying horn sound when I test the spoliers before taxi to runway....Then whenever I rev the engines to a certain RPM and higher that horn comes on again..Any help?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

That is the takeoff config warning. It means you neglected to properly setup the airplane for takeoff. Did you retract those spoilers you tested? Did you set takeoff flaps? Go back to the manual and take a look at the conditions that cause the takeoff config horn to sound when you set thrust and see if you missed any of them.

>Wallace, >i just edited rp727_400hz.wav using Cool Edit. >I lowered volume and now it should be only 25%; i'll test >and report >>Thank you >Luigi ;-) I "edited" this file by clicking the delete button - works fine. The sound might be authentic -- but my nerves would not allow me to cope with it for more than about 5 minutes!! :)Barry

Guest Martin

Actually it's the sound of the altimeter vibrator (as explained very clearly in the docs...). Don't ask me what that is though.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing