Sign in to follow this  
pacosancas

Distorted txtures in ATR 42-300, by F. S

I recently downloaded Version 2 of this aircraft -- only to find that I have badly distorted aircraft textures in spot view . In fact , it is worse that what I had in Version 1 . It is a really nice aircraft except for this . Any suggestions ?Thanks Barry

I don't know why it happens! What I do is cycle the S key around and it seems to clear. Another way is to hit the plus key until real close and then back out with the minus key. Maybe Paco can fix the *.mdl. I haven't had a chance to load his -500 to see if it has the same problem since you can use the same texture files with it. Maybe you can use the -500 *.mdl file (rename if necessary and back up your original -300 *.mdl) in place of the -300 *.mdl.

Try removing the mipmaps using imagetool. Load up the textures, one at a time, extract the mipmaps, and save the largest with the filename of the original texture, overwriting it. This is a problem for some people with POSky's 767s as well; I don't know if anyone knows the reason for it.Matt

Hi,I never found the reason for this problem. The workaround I used was to zoom in several times and then zoom out. It's really strange; the 42-500 has the visual model for wings and fuselage unchanged from the 42-300, the UVW mapping and textures are the same, etc. The only items changed are virtual cockpit and propellers. But the 42-500 does not suffer from this problem. Maybe one day if I have time I will make an update to the 42-300, taking the -500 fuselage and wings. Paco