Sign in to follow this  

Rain Beading Effect

Greetings all,I was wondering if anyone knows a way to turn off the extremely unrealistic "rain beading effect" in FS2002. I like the distant falling rain - this is at least semi-realistic. But the beading effect on the windshield is awful.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Best regards :-wave,Chris BrunnerCYVR

Chris, check out the FSW site for some nice replacement rain textures if you haven't already done so: http://www.simflight.com/fsw/Edit: I just checked that link to make sure it worked properly and I didn't get the page to display. Hopefully, it works for you, it did for me a couple of days ago. If it doesn't perhaps you can try a search for "FSW.""Learn from your parents' mistake...use birth control."(I M A UCLA) BruinAddict *:-*DemetriousAsus A7V266 MBAthlon XP 1600+ (@ 1.53)512MB PC2100 DDRVisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 (Detonator 29.42 WHQL)NEC MultiSync E1100+ 21"SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1Cambridge DTT2500 Desk Top TheaterWestern Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Primary)Western Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Secondary)300W PSUWindows XP Professional (Both drives - Multiboot)DirectX 8.1("I am humorous and well versed in the subtleties of everything pertaining to nothing." - BA)

Chris,Been watching for the release of your high-level stuff. Can't wait! Any idea how much longer?Thanks."Learn from your parents' mistake...use birth control."(I M A UCLA) BruinAddict *:-*DemetriousAsus A7V266 MBAthlon XP 1600+ (@ 1.53)512MB PC2100 DDRVisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 (Detonator 29.42 WHQL)NEC MultiSync E1100+ 21"SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1Cambridge DTT2500 Desk Top TheaterWestern Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Primary)Western Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Secondary)300W PSUWindows XP Professional (Both drives - Multiboot)DirectX 8.1("I am humorous and well versed in the subtleties of everything pertaining to nothing." - BA)

Thanks a lot for the link guys. These raindrop replacement textures look like a superb improvement.Is there any way, though, to completely get rid of the raindrop effect? Is there a .fx file or something I can delete?Best regards :-wave,Chris BrunnerCYVR

Guest JonP01

Yes you can. It is a parameter in the FS2002.cfg file. I don't have FS2002 on this computer I am using today, but from memory it is something like: "WINDSHIELD_PRECIPITATION_EFFECTS=0". I think the parameter sits up near the top stanza of the cfg file somewhere.Don't quote me on that, but if someone can't clarify what it is I will update you tomorrow when I am back at my FS2002 machine and can see for myself.

Guest JonP01

OK I just got home.Look in your FS2002.cfg file and you will see something like this:[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200Change: WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1to WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=0This works for both 3D and virtual cockpits.

Excellent!!Thank you very much for the tip. That did the job.Best regards :-wave,Chris BrunnerCYVR