Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leesw

FS2004 wish lists..........

Hello Bear as some who has worked on adding to the 3 major visual "parts" of this sim Aircraft,scenery and scenery objects oneof the smartest things the people over in Redmond could do is relesea fully beta tested sdk BEFORE the next generation of the product isreleased to the public. And the sdk must be just that a FULL sdkcovering all aspects of adding to the core product. Look at what ourcomunity did for more than one year with no sdk!. BTW for those of you who do not visit the devlopement forums all I can say is it takes a lot of work to add to the sim (far more than it needs to BTW) So in short I hope Microsoft returns to how they support their core products like windows and ASP.net giving one as much info as you could ever need to add to the core products feature set. Just my 2 cents worth Dan

>>#1: Better flight models for planes and helicopters >including support for dual counter-rotating props/rotors and >multi-engine helos. >Between the RealAir SF260 which does just about everything quite convincingly, and the Dreamfleet ArcherII.............which flies like an Archer, I think the flight dynamics are already pretty well covered. At least to the point of being better than any other PC simulation I can think of! I've even been able to perform manuvers in the SF260 that IL-2 Sturmovik can't keep up with! And being 3rd party payware doesn't bother me either, because I figure MS will never be able to spend the time improving aircraft to perfection like the 3rd party developers do.L.Adamson

1. Better ATC with more options.2. Better scenery at the major airports like some of the excellent addons.3. Better smoke effects like some of the excellent addons.4. Taxiway signs.5. More AI planes.6. People at the gates like refueling team, baggage handlers, etc.7. A completely freeze free system that will work with all modern video cards and audio cards.8. Better support from Microsoft after the program is launched. They have been no help at all with FS2002 in my estimation.9. Better real world flights with real ATC. 10. Having different accents in the ATC for real world communications. 11. Moving cars with headlights in the scenery.12. Scenery objects like boats in the water.13. Carrier operations.14. The ability to printout the runway maps with taxiways shown so you can navigate around at the airports.15. The ability to printout flight maps with the airports, NDB's, VOR's etc. shown like many of the addon programs now available.BobF.

>Hi, >>I sure hope the MS folks are monitoring this forum - I've >read loads of extremely relevant suggestions in this thread >! >Twister Twister,It was interesting to hear (during the Microsoft presentation at the AVSIM Conference & Exhibition) that Microsoft has two individuals that are paid to read every post here at AVSIM and, I assume, at other flight sim website forums as well. When a posting is of interest to them, they copy it and it is emailed to various mailboxes of the Flight Simulator Design Team. So, as I stated above, it is important that everyone post their ideas or wishes of changes, improvements, or features they would like to see in the next version, because the MSFS design team DOES read them. I think (in many ways), the Microsoft presentation was one of the most interesting at the conference, though many that attended felt it was a bit boring. Alex (from Microsoft) listed out their operational limitations and what their priority lists were in the development of FS2002. There were many items that I had not considered when it comes to designing a sim such as FS2002 or a simular piece of software. For future versions, one item they mentioned (as an example) is the demand by their distributors to use those newer small boxes for the product. This means that they cannot publish a printed manual, so it must be contained on one of the CDs in PDF or Word format (or both), but the days of a printed manual being included are gone. Another of the presenters at the conference was Dave Whittington of Boeing Aircraft Co. and he talked of Boeing's current interest in using FS2002 and the fact that they (Boeing) now realize that the FS Design Team at Microsoft is just across the river from them. Though nothing offical was said, it was quite obvious that Boeing is very interested in providing assistance, information, or whatever, directly to the MSFS design team on the next Flight Simulator software package. Bear!

My WishMore functions in the aircrafts system!And make FS run better on Dual CPU systems!Henrik

Hi,IMHO its the weather!!!!! I want to sit at my local airport and watch the lighting lite up the clouds and see the rain coming in. I want moving fronts and squals and T-storms......Microsoft can improve the weather model A LOT. Using metars as a seed, they could develop much better approximations of moving weather. The cloud menu must be expanded to allow realistic clouds looking DOWN.Things to do for 2004:1. Weather2. Weather3. Weather4. Weather5. WeatherBobP :)

what i realy want are all those things WE (all the community) CANT do. the scenery we can do, MS should leave it basic, as we do it better anyway. MS should do more "basic research".....

Guest Anticyclone

Hopefully FS 2004 will finally have a fly by view.I read two MS employees are paid to monitor the messages in the flight simulation forums. If necessary we can send MS the Active Camera C++ source code free of charge... Serge and Andy,www.anticyclone.be

Improve sound effects for jet aircraft. Include more sounds for aircraft systems. Bell sounds for engine fire. Hear the cooling fan for the avionics. Add a detailed annunciator panel. If a warning occurs, chime 3 times. If a caution, chime 1 time.Bill Grabowski

Guest Sabadin

Maybe I skimmed past it but I haven't seen mention of GA AI trafic perfroming circuits. Or the ability to have ATC select an into the wind runway if it isnt the longest available.

Guest Tim13

Pretty simple for me, the weather. Airplanes live in the atmosphere. We spend most of our time in flight sim flying through the atmosphere. Clouds, vis, precip, and wind are the most important things to me when I'm in flight, and unfortunately this is one of the weakest areas of the game.Tim13

1. I'd like to move the ATC window in an "undocked state" to my second monitor without the penalty of 50% or more frame rates drop. (Just like we are able to do with the 2D panels)2. Runway conditions that change with the weather and affect the ground handling of an a/c3. Bring back the moving cars 4. Keep the good frame rates and fluid motion5. Improve the blurry textures6. Utilize LOD on AI and 3d scenery better so they don't affect performance as much from the distance and have an option to change the range in the *.cfg file7. Airplane models that can be loaded, balanced with passengers and cargo as well as fuel and the flight model that reflects those changes (maybe in the realism section of the sim)Thanks

My wishlist for FS2004.....* I could write a novel on ATC if I were to write each improvement individually..... :) - SIDs/STARs - Holding patterns and separation! - ATC able to use all runways depending on the situation - Some way of having GA aircraft landing on a seperate runway from commercial airliners? Or, keep the GA aircraft out of airports that don't accept them. (I've heard that O'Hare does not allow GA traffic, but I can't prove that right or wrong....) - Allow us to tune in all ATIS stations within, maybe, 100nm. Rather obnoxious how the current ATC only gives you the option to tune ATIS on approach once you've tuned tower when you're 6 miles out and barely have time to request and receive your landing clearance. - Don't bother with the pattern instructions if the flight is IFR, since Center/Approach has already done that. This only serves to delay receiving landing clearance, especially bad if you were late making the landing request..... - Give us the winds in the landing clearance. - Allow the pilots to request altitude changes due to weather or turbulence. - Fix the "taxi to the gate" routing so that 747s don't have to make U-turns on taxiways. Very obnoxious when ATC wants me to back up, backtrack down the runway and take the taxiway that I couldn't stop in time for, when there's a perfect taxi route to join that same route without the need to "thrust reverse pushback" or slew backwards....* Don't remove the 2D cockpit until the Virtual Cockpit can be of the same visual quality with the same functionality.* Better weather, clouds, turbulence, etc. Would be great if you can see the wall of clouds or thunderstorms in the distance.* Don't allow takeoffs, and reject arrivals (ie. close the airport) when the weather conditions are severe enough. Flight Plans would need an alternate destination for this situation.. If the alternate must also be closed, then I guess ATC would have to cancel IFR and fly VFR to another alternate, or allow the pilot a choice of other alternate airports within Xnm.* Aircraft maintenance! Sim Pilots must perform maintenance/repairs on aircraft periodically. If a plane goes unmaintained long enough, reliability starts to slowly drop, piston-powered props may become harder to start, etc.* Outside air temperature should have an effect on engines..... A cessna 182 parked in -30 degree weather for 3 days straight should understandably be hard to start. In this kind of situation, the engine should need a correct throttle/fuel pump/booster pump/etc configuration, and even then it may take a lot of cranking, and perhaps a few times where it tries to start, sputters for a moment and dies. A very cold engine would have to be unstable until it's warmed up, which could take several minutes..... With reliability levels low enough, or with the right reality setting, running a very cold engine at high RPM's you could be running a high risk of blowing the engine, so warm it up at idle instead of trying to speed up the process by running a higher throttle setting...* Ummmmmm, I believe the props (in both piston and turbo) are firmly attached to the crankshaft (or whatever the part is, in the case of the turboprop), so cranking a piston prop to start would rotate the prop (rather slowly, of course); the turboprop propellor would slowly spin up and accelerate from the time the starter switch is engaged. Also, piston engines should not always start after the same amount of time cranking--sometimes it would start sooner than others. Even on a warm engine, there should be a rather small chance of having the engine fire, sputter and die for no apparent reason.* Do jet and turboprop engines really suddenly leap to 60% N2 and then settle back down to proper idle when the engine fires? I was sure they just spooled up and accelerated slowly and steadily up to idle speed........ If the FS2000/2002 jet starter method is inaccurate, it must be fixed. :) Sounds too much like they just patched a partial spool-up effect into the fs98 jet engine start.* Change the Standard/Professional arrangement.... - Professional: Aircraft have more systems modelled which require more work to start/fly/whatever, such as APU's, more detailed electric system, etc. Would be nice if you had to follow a somewhat-real checklist to make a "cold" aircraft flight ready, another checklist to start, etc. - Standard: Basically, this would be the "flying for dummies" version, similar to FS2002. Just turn on the batteries, avionics, start the engines and go.NOTE: Both versions would have the same list of aircraft, same scenery, though perhaps the Pro version might come with a few extras that are available outside of FS (such as better sound packages (a la FS2000), a flight video or 2, whatever...)This would also help get rid of the people that buy the Standard version and then beg other people to illegally send them the extra Pro-edition aircraft/panels/gauges/etc.* Of course, improve flight dynamics!* Taxiway signs* Make the AI commercial aircraft actually push back from the gate. There would, of course, have to be an appropriate delay between receiving clearance and the start of pushback, as well as between the end of pushback and the request for taxi.* Remember the position of each aircraft where it was parked. New aircraft that are installed would start at a spot defined by the aircraft's creator (such as Seattle/Boeing Field/whatever for Boeing aircraft, Toulouse for Airbus, etc). You can switch aircraft to other user aircraft parked at the same airport. However, you may "take a commercial flight" to another airport and hop in a user aircraft parked there. Should be able to spawn multiple copies of each aircraft, so I could have 10 Cessna 182RG's parked at CYWG, or spread them out all over the world, do whatever I like with.* Rain that collects on the windshield. Of course, the aircraft would need working wipers. :)* Snow that accumulates (at least to a certain point, depending on the airport. Major airports would obviously keep their runways relatively clear, tiny airstrips could end up with a foot of snow covering the runway.... Aircraft would obviously get stuck if you attempt to go through snow too deep.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

The quick summary of what I have read above means that the following three, in no paticular order, are the most sought after improvemens:* Weather and environment.* Flight Dynamics.* ATC/AI interactions.My personal interests are:* An OPEN and UPDATABLE library of navaids, fixes, and airways. Addon planes such as 767PIC, DF737, A3xx, etc. all could use this library, and if it was updatable, have it kept current across all your addons.* More landclass data. Improving the resolution and accuracy of the exisiting land types and textures. If the news from that Beta site was correct, the early betas are shipping on EIGHT CD's. Here's to hoping it's terrain related.