Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leesw

FS2004 wish lists..........

I disagree. Keep the wishlist going.If MS doesn't listen then maybe a 3rd party developer or some future compitition to MS will listen.

I've heard here recently that MS does pay a couple people to read the posts at several forums (allegedly including this one) and send the good ones to the development team.And besides, it doesn't hurt to dream! I know half the items on my post are probably not going to be implemented anytime soon, but I posted them anyway in case MS does see it and considers it.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

My priorities:1. More photorealistic scenery 2. Better moving map (see Fly! for ideas..)3. More realistic GPS as standard equipment4. More complete ATCPlease do not wipe out all my best add-on aircraft / panels!!!!!

Bert

Guest ssurjap

Here's mine:1) Almost everyone's been wishing for this one: SIDs and STARs.2) I don't know how feasible this is, but the ability to look ahead to the destination weather (by reading FSMeteo's weather or downloading it on the fly) so Approach knows which runway is in use. I realize the weather can change from minute to minute, but it's annoying when Approach lines you up to a certain runway and then tower says you have to go to the other runway. If that's not possible, then at least, have tower hand you off to Approach so they can vector you and give you traffic advisories, or let me land on that runway without tower berating me for landing on the wrong runway (also see #4 below).3) As long as there's an operating tower/ground/approach, allow IFR clearance. Spokane International is a good example. I can never fly IFR to Boeing out of there, even though I've filed an IFR flight plan. It's always VFR, even in the middle of the night or even if there's 1000 foot ceiling.4) I don't know whether this happens a lot in real life, since I'm not a "real" pilot yet, but eliminate the traffic landing on the "wrong" runway only to have tower berate it. "You were not cleared to land, clear the runway."5) Have the AI traffic fly at the right altitudes. I've seen those guys fly at weird altitudes (such as FL300, FL320, FL340, etc.)6) Flight planner: This has been said in other topics, but the routes that it gives is way out of whack sometimes. It has me go to one waypoint then do a u-turn to get to the other waypoint. On the same note, I notice that if I manually put in the waypoints, it all reads DIRECT even though it's via a Jet route.Steven

Guest Astrojet 112

Weather radar on the PFDMoving cars on roadwaysMore fluid performance

Guest RiddlePilot

Sloping runways and model the wings as separate airfoils instead of as one (allowing spins).

>When weather, >when set to overcast, should show NO blue sky or bright >reflections on the plane. In addition, when wheater set to overcast, no aircraft or scenery shadows should be visible.In opposite cloud shadows should be visible. But this I guess wold be a major hit on the frame rate.Wolfgang

Guest Leesw

Instead of these endless wish lists, someone, like maybe the Avsim staff, should organise a 'scientific' survey of what flight sim users want to see.Collect all the feasible suggestions from wish lists then create a survey form like pollsters use. Itemise the 'candidate' features and improvements from the wish list, then word the survey like: "If you could only have 10 of these improvements in the next FS, which would you prefer, in order of importance" (numbered responses only). Email the surveys out to registered members of the forum to get the widest spread, or have users vote on-line in a way that prevents their voting more than once, thus skewing the results.Tabulate the results and send them to MS. I'm sure MS would give a scientifically done survey a lot more credence than these 100 page wish list threads. Also, we would all find out what is really important to our fellow simmers, instead of just the vocal minority.Of course it is too late to do that for FS2004. The feature list for that release is probably finalised by now, but it would be worth doing after FS2004 comes out.This is something that MS should actually be doing, surveying their long-standing customer base to see what it would take to keep them interested enough to keep buying their product. However, I have never heard of MS doing such a survey.