Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Win XP Service Pack 1?

Thought that this was supposed to be released to the general public today. Anyone know when? Where? Not available from WINDOWS UPDATE at this time apparently. Guess running on MS Standard Time....Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Thanks all, will wait it out. This is the one time I do not want to deal with a Beta. Windows update keeps trying to sell me a Media Player update Beta and I'm passing on that...Would like to have DirectX 8.1b. Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest bjjones

That version above is build 1106 which is the final build and is the version which will be released to the public the final beta was Build 1105.although the SP1 homepage still says coming soon these are official MS links(also MS has just activated the link for the French version) FRENCHhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...psp1_fr_x86.exeENGLISHhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...psp1_en_x86.exeGERMANhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...psp1_de_x86.exeCheers,Ben.(bjones4@lineone.net)

Ed,At the risk of upsetting you I have to ask what has this to do with General FS discussion? There's a big danger this Forum will becomes a general discussion Forum for anything to do with Microsoft.Maybe the Hangar Chat Forum would have been a more appropriate place to post.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry, Ray. You can get more information here faster than almost anywhere else and since my real goal was to obtain DirectX 8.1b and you have to get the Service Pack to get that if you are using XP then it becomes a bit like a Catch -22. Since FS2002 performance really does seem to be influenced strongly by DirectX then it seemed at the time to be a revelant question to ask here. Net results are that I've gotten my answer, obtained and installed the Service Pack and there seems to be an improvement in FS2002 based on a brief flight earlier this afternoon.Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Ed,I can understand why you posted here - if you try hard enough you can probably post here for anything to do with computers providing there's a tenuous link to FS.Having said that I was notified by Microsoft Update of the Service Pack availability and downloaded it overnight. However, my version of DirectX has not changed from 8.1. I haven't tried a flight yet but hopefully there will be no problems with SP1 installed.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather