Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

FSMeteo causes runway changes....

Guest Joshieca

This was in another topic but got no response, so I will post it again and waste bandwidth. :)The topic was that ATC was clearing you to land at a runway, vectored you to that runway, and when you were handed off to tower, tower clears you for the other end of the runway.....Well I confirmed it last night. The same thing happened at KSLC..twice...I was cleared by ATC for runway 34R at about 65 miles out. After confirming the info with center I tuned the ATIS and checked it...sure enough, FSMeteo downloaded new weather data to the sim, now the runway in use was 16L. Even though all along ATC center is clearing me to RW 34R. But once I get switched over to tower they clear me to land on 16L. I declared a miss and got new vectors to the RW 16L approach. During the 10 mins or so that it took to get lined up for RW 16L, FSMeteo downloaded a new set of data to the sim, changing the runway back to 34R. By then I had, had it...I gave up.What's the solution here? What's the problem? Should I just set FSMeteo to update like every 30mins...or maybe just pause the sim, force FSMeteo to download an updated weather, and then quit FSMeteo at 100 miles before the airport?Is there a way to stop FSMeteo from downloading once your within XX miles of your destination airport?Frustrated! :([br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

well,this is exactly one of the greatest feaures.you have to select 'lock destination" left in the main menu.Then you have to enter your destination airport in ICAO code and the weather will be "locked" once you're within a certain range to your destination airport.The default is 60 miles,but you can alter to your own liking in the preferences.So if you have it set at 60 miles (which is the best etting IMHO),the weather that's currently at your destination airport will be transferred to your present location and will not change for the rest of the trip to the destination airport.This means you'll get vectors for the runway that is in use at that moment,and not the runway that would be in use with the weather with default FS (real-world) weather at your present position.If you're having a bad day though and the wind would change about 180

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Seba,.....................you have to select 'lock destination" left in the main menu.Then you have to enter your destination airport in ICAO code In the main menu i only have Lock to or Set Airport destination (v5.1)and cannot find any Lock Destination check box.I'm a bit confused, and before to experiment i'd like to know your opinion.In FSMeteo v5.1 preferences i can see two different entries: - Destination to ADV Distance >>>>> 60 - Destination Lock Distance >>>>>>> 22Can you please explain what is the difference between the two entries?Should i increase the second or it insn't necessary?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest Joshieca

Sebastian,Have your tried this and does it work? The users manual for FSMeteo (FSM) is poorly written, but from what I could understand that the LOCK feature only locks the weather within XX miles of your destination airport, but if FSM downloads a new set of metars than it will still update that info, which could cause a runway change....maybe I am wrong?If it locks the weather at the airport and doesn't download any further then thats what I am after.------------According to the users guide------------Lock toThis option forces any ICAO station