Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

AI Help!

HiI recently posted a question asking why in certain cases my AI 'keeps going around' Someone very helpfully said that I should increase the amount of gates, which I duly did. However, all aircraft seem to land ok but there is one that always seems to 'go around' Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated ?Cheers :-zhelp Russell

HiSure it's a Britten Normander trislander (3 prop) RWY not surte of the length howver, suld be long enough as the AI Dash's and Bae 146 land ? Many thanks ?

Guest Joshieca

It's possible that the AI pilots don't know how to fly the plane. You can try to experiment with using different ".air" files from other prop planes. Just make a backup of your current ".air" file and copy into your Britten aircraft folder the new ".air" file and rename it to the same name that the one is in there. I would start with using an ".air" file from an existing plane of similar style that you know lands properly. If that works you will want to make a copy of that Britten folder and change the title name of it to include something with AI in it. That way you wont fly the AI version with the different ".air" file.Hope that makes some sense.

Hey thereWell your recomendation seems to have done the trick!!! Many thanks and just goes to show the simming community is a hugely valuable resource !!Thanks again !!:-beerchug

Guest Joshieca

That "trick" was taught to me by some of the elders here on AVSIM, so I can't take all the credit.Just remember to change the title name so that you dont fly that plane if you're interesting in flying it. Just make a duplicate of it, only the one you fly use the real .air file.Best wishes....Josh