Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Vision Tek Xtasy GeForce3 Titanium 200 AGP Graphics

Should I buy it? I just got my brother in law interested in Flight Simulation. He is asking me if he should buy this card. The card he has in his system now is a IS3 Savage 32MB AGP. I have the original GeForce3 card from Visiontek and am very happy with it. Does this card have the same or better spec/performance as my card? I you have this card could you let me know your opinion. He can get this for about $130. I paid $399 for mine. But I know that the GeForce4 is out. So that would make it drop in price.Thanks, in advance to all that reply.Regards!Bill

Hi Bill. I bought the VisonTek GeForce 3 TI 500 on e-bay for $130. Was new in the box and I have been nothing but pleased with it.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

E,Thanks for your quick reply. Do you know what the difference is between the TI 500 and TI 200?Thank You!Bill

http://www.a1-electronics.co.uk/Graphics_C...a_Ticards.shtmlhttp://www.a1-electronics.co.uk/Graphics_C...rclocking.shtmlTi200 is 175/400, Ti500 is 240/500. If you're going to get a Gf3, it would be best to get the 500. Failing that, get the regular. You can overclock the normal version's memory easily to Ti200 speeds, and the core is already faster. I also have the original Vistion Geforce 3.Matt

Matt,Thank you for the information. He may want to go with the Ti200 because of price. I don't know the price of the Ti500 but I gather it will be significantly higher than $130.Regards!Bill

Thanks again, Matt.I'll pass this information on to my brother in law. The Ti500 looks better now!Regards!Bill

Visiontek is out of business now. Doesn't really matter unless you wanted the warranty or something.Matt

Well; when you buy a computer component it almost always comes with a three year manufacturer warranty. OEM components are only like 30 days or something. I had a harddrive fail last year. It was two years old. Cost me $50 for the labor which included recovery of some very important files and the $100 drive was free because it was still under warranty. So was the shipping. I'd think that would be real important on a video card?

I would have no problem buying a $100 video card without a warranty. Either way, the ones listed at pricewatch were not neccessarily VisionTek.Matt

Look on e-bay in the computer section. You may find a bargin.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com