Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Ancient Brit

3 Problems-Any way to set a waypoint in FS2002 Flight

- Sim If there is nothing there, can one put a waypoint in & how?2. Is there any way to delete a flight plan from FS2002 Flight planneram afraid I'll wind up with a zillion useless plans!!3. What key could I be hitting that disconnects a throttle - really hard to land with one engine on full throttle!!!! - need a 2nd runway for roll out! Thanks for any help you can give Cya

jerrycwo4After you make a flightplan you have to "find your route" and there's were the 'map' comes up showing you your route. You can put your mouse pointer on a portion of the route (on the map), hold down the left mouse button and "drag" the flight path to a "waypoint". That's the only way I know to do it. If you fly GPS it will follow the new flight path.When your flying, if you accidently hit the "F1" button, it puts the throttles into "idle" mode.Jerry

Thanks - but is there a way to do this with nothing there to connect to!! or a way to put something there!!You are right about F1 but idles both engines! this is an in-flight separation-when I pull back throttle - only one goes to idle - other stays on full throttleThnks for the response!! Cya Eddie

AFAIK there is no way to add waypoints, one of the (many?) shortcomings of the in-built FP.If you want this facility check out FSNav or one of the other flight planners, some are free (FSNav version 3), others are payware (FSnav V4.51)Personally I would not consider flying without FSNav.

Guest The Ancient Brit

EddieW,It is simple to add a waypoint to an FS2K2 plan, just type it in. An FS2K2 flight plan is a text file and can be opened using the Windows Notepad. Follow the format of the previous waypoints; choose a name and type in your coordinates.For the sake of argument, say you want to add a waypoint some distance, but aligned to, the end of a VFR runway (no ILS available). Go to the far end of the runway to which you wish to add the waypoint and face the opposite direction to which you intend to land. Use the Go To tab of the moving map and set the airport of your choice as the destination. Slew the aircraft to the required distance, the moving map will tell you how far you are from the airport, then stop and hit the Shift and Z keyboard combination to bring up the coordinates. Take note of the coordinates and use them for your new waypoint.FS2K2 is extremely fussy about the punctuation (syntax?) of waypoints in its flight plans. One comma or space too many and the plan will not load. The easy solution is to modify your plan by dragging any waypoint whatsoever and add it to your plan. This will guarantee the punctuation will be correct. When you open the plan using Notepad, change the name of the added waypoint and coordinates to the ones you need.There are ways by which one can add hundreds of waypoints to an FS2K2 flight plan and it is possible to add those same waypoints to the FSNav 4.51 database so they show in the FSNav map. Once an FS2K2 flight plan has been modified, FS2K2 will insist that you re-fly the plan from the beginning even when you have a saved flight situation with the unmodified plan available. There is a fairly easy way around this problem, but I don

Thanks Ancient One!! I've seen your name in the Forum in a few placesand it's good to hear from you!! Will give it a shot - you've made it look pretty easy. Sooo Many thanks Cya Eddie

Eddie first problems seems resolvable in FSUIPCSecond problem with the throttle is easily resolved...This only happens to me once in a while, but if you loose response to one of your throttles then you can easily re-enable it by using the following key responsescrtl + keyboard "1"(engine 1), crtl + keyboard "2" (engine 2), crtl + keyboard "3" (engine 3), crtl + keyboard "4" (engine 4)Pressing the keyboard number, not the numeric keypad will enable the appropriate enginesHope this works..Never fails for meGood LuckTroy

OK Thanks Troy - will try it out - am sure it will do the job, Thanks again!! Eddie

Guest The Ancient Brit

EddieW,If you recognise me from these forums, can it be that fame is beckoning? My dear old Mum was convinced her only son would one day become rich and famous. When I complete uploading my RTWest flight plans and Avsim sends me a pot of gold by way of thanks, then I will be rich. I have promised my flight plan testing team that we are all going to be rich tomorrow. Since they worked out that tomorrow never comes, they have started to become impatient.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Let me know if his works Eddie. I'll like to know if what I told you made any sense at all..ThanksTroy

Guest The Ancient Brit

EddieW,To delete a Flight plan you need to navigate to the