Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Ai's crashing into ground on final

hi therei am experiencing some strange behaving of the ai's. somehow they always crash into ground while being on final approach. they do not land.what could it be. or is this jsut another m$ bug that i have to live with it.any idea, solution is welcomecheersmartin

Funny,I see something similar with the AI planes descending on final at an angle that would make your eyes bleed, then hitting the ground so hard they just bounce up, but eventually land.Its pretty cool to watch as i am waiting for clearance for take-off.But unrealistic in a sense, as those poor passengers just spilled there drinks and meal all over. Titanium landing gear i suppose ;)=Wing=

Guest Niels_C

Hi Martin,Try out Project AI's planes, at least I haven'tseem them crash (yet).http://www.projectai.comSome third party planes are known to behave strangely,notably Project Opensky among others.Alternately, if you have 3rd party 737's that crash,give them the default 737 fde file, but it will likelymake the flight dynamics less reliable since MS didn'tquite nail it.Hope it helps.-Niels C.

Guest bones

It can get better than that!Flying along quite happily the other day I heard ATC tell one aircraft that it was 14,000ft below assigned altitude! Ten minutes later a similar call went out to another aircraft. I thought this was just a glitch in the ATC engine but a few moments later a 146 appeared above me in a vertical descent - right into the ground.I'd never seen this before but it's happened a few times since. AI aircraft can't run out of fuel can they? ...

Guest cwright

Martin, I suspect that AI pilots can't adjust trim. If a particular plane needs positive trim to maintain level flight at low speed the AI pilot will probably fly it into the ground on final approach. This is exactly what my Constellation design does - I need to have a word with its AI pilot! Best regards, Chris

Hy!AI *is* strange! A few weeks ago I was at FL340 above Salt Lake City when ATC tells an AirForce-Jockey that he was way too high. According to my TCAS, he was above 100000 ft...Just a X-15, I guess... ;-)Greetings,Danny