Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

extreme drifting

How can I stop the aircraft from drifting before takeoff? Is it possible to program the fsuipc to help in this? Would appreciate any help.Thanks.

Guest odog

mmmm...i dont have fsuipc up and running at the moment, but in the wind section theres a way to disable either the taxi winds or the ground winds or something, id start there and if that doesnt work maybe someone could be more specific.odog

Guest Stamatis

Set the "Taxi Winds" to AUTO in FSUIPC.This way the winds will be automatikally set to 1 kt while your wheels are on the ground, and will gradually increase to the actual speed once airborne.Opposite will happen on touchdown during landing.Unfortunately, ground behaviour/handling is very wrong in FS, and especially the weathervaning effect is exaggerated.FSUIPC offers the best solution known to me.Stamatis

You could also turn off P factor in realism. It's there in real life but a bit exaggerated in FS.

Guest Stamatis

P factor will do nothing for jets though... :-)

>You could also turn off P factor in realism. It's there in >real life but a bit exaggerated in FS. With my rudder pedals, it's near perfect..... even the defaults. Without rudder pedals, then it's exaggerated!!L.Adamson

>P factor will do nothing for jets though... :-) But my jets don't drift, even though I hear "others" do. I'm lucky to get five feet off centerline when I don't touch the pedals.L.Adamson

Guest Stamatis

I don't know what each of us classifies as "extreme drifting", but I can tell you that in the real world a 10 kt crosswind requires almost no effort from the pilot to keep his taxi-ing B737 in a straight line while in FS considerable rudder input is required. Never mind a takeoff roll in crosswinds...This is wrong (but I can live with it, thanks to Peter Dawson :-) )Stamatis