Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

How do i tune COM 127.580?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,can anyone please tell me how can i tune COM 127.580 (LOWL Approach)?When i hit 1 nothing seem to happen and i cannot contact approach; i also tried using radios and FSNav but had no luck :-(I flew twice in a day EDDV to LOWL and in both flight couldn't tune LOWL approach.If i'm not wrong i have to set something in FS2002.cfg but do not remeber what i have to do. Or perhaps this is only a FS2002 bug?I have Austrian Airports LOWL scenery, is there a way to edit approach frequency in bgl's?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7e172d24ee86a1.jpg

Luigi,I assume you're IFR and ATC told you to contact Innsbruck approach?well,FS uses the auto-tune feature.as I can see on your screenshot,if you select "1",you'll tune automatically in to appraoch.you'll then get an option called "contact" appraoch in order to contactt it,then you'll receive further instructions

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Seba,i know about autotune and i've been using that feature since day one; the problem is that hitting 1 doesn't change anything and i cannot tune the approach (i tried the same flight twice and had same results). Usually autotune feature works just fine...Further i cannut use the radio stack because the number increments don't allow 80.cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest gasebah

As far as I know FS2002 radios do not support that frequency, even if it might well be the real world frequency. You might wanna open the airport with AFCAD and lower the frequency to a value that works in FS2002. It can be adjusted with that program.Rgds,Alex

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

didn't work either :-(Think i'll try to find that approach with AFCAD and edit that wrong (or real) freq.cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Alex,the problem now is that i cannot find that strange Comm frequency all around LOWL area and the bad thing is that ATC didn't specify wich approach i had to call but only gave me freq; so i'm unable to correct the wrong numbers using AFCAD.The good thing is that now i know (didn't know before) that i can edit Comm. freq using AFCAD!cheersLuigi ;-)