Sign in to follow this  
Guest Uwe

Ariane 737-400 Gmax Model Is Out!!

I highly recommend that people don't get it !!!This company has been a thorn in the side of the flightsim community for years and a detriment to freeware. If we stopped buying from them maybe they would go away. :-)SteveCYYZ

Guest gooper

please fill those of us who are not in the know about this company shortcomings because the planes look absolutely fantastic at first glance but i will hold off purchasing until i get the whole story on what this company has done to people in the past>

Could anyone post some screen shots for us? I'm already disappointed with Ariane since they delayed the release because of their repaint issues and now that they have a release, they only provide the Aeroflot livery.Regards,

I'd like to know as well.... Seems to be one of the few gmax 737's around offering dynamic over wing views....but I'd like to look before I leap...

Just bought the gmax 737-400, and so far I'm really dissappointed. My primary reason for buying was the unique over-wing views, being able to see the flaps work during landings etc. sounded wonderful. However, I have yet to see these over-wing views. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, my guess would be that they are activated by pressing num-keys. When you do, no awesome views like those shown in screenshots and on arianes homepage. If they have dropped these views I feel really cheated, false advertisement! If somebody knows the story on this, I'd be glad to hear.Frode, Norway.

I'm guessing that you probably have to manually determine the P.O.V. coordinates/values in the Virtual Cockpit settings in order to get that passenger view (overlooking the wing). That's just my guess. Didn't it come with any text instructions/manual??I feel your pain, sorry!Regards,Norbert

Well, believe me I wish I had the time. I can suggest though that people that are not aware of this company, search Papa Tango, Ariane or Peter Tishma (same people many names, Ariane is just 1 of many) on AVSIM's front page search field. Among some of the nasty things they tried were gaining an exclusive license to many airlines liveries as they relate to FS's. These people are infamous to those of us that have been flightsimming for years. Many of us have been burned and the community has been under siege on various fronts.These people continue to prey on unsuspecting new simmers and it's difficult for us to always alert the community, as they keep their threatening lawyers busy.Steve

That's another thing, allmost no documentation. You might be right about the coordinates, but they should at least provide information about how this is done. Frankly, I think that's a part og their job, not mine, considering I have paid for this thing.This is what Ariane promises you on the screenshot page with the overwing view:"The new GMAX Boeing 737-300 and Boeing 737-400 both offer a variety of options for you to experience the thrill of viewing the action from a number of "seats" on board the aircraft. "Seat positioning" was not just designed for 'eye candy' reasons; there's the added excitement of watching the flaps, spoilers and lights operate (as well as watching the reflections of the clouds on the "dull matte" effect surfaces)! You can now watch your landing from two further points - port and starboard - for replays designed to thrill!"They have yet to thrill me!Frode, Norway.

Sorry Joe, I think this is a ploy by Tishma for the sympathy vote "dont attack me , I'm only 14." Your sick Tishma.Tell me how did a 14 year old buy this ?Sue me George

Ariane- Tishma 1 Customers who fell for the lies 0and countingnever say nobody told you different

Bob Hale or Bobbo, says they have nothing to do with Tishy, I'm shocked you could say such a thing..I must be genuine.......I'm nice to people.....Yeah sure !George

Guest jase439

Agreed...this company (and a dozen other bogus entities) is the Dread Scourge of simmers everywhere. Save your dollars or Euros or whatever ;-) Your money is better spent on flowers for the wife or girlfriend.