Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Emma Field or ASW28 ?

Looking at the shot below where would you say the problem lies ? I'm leaning towards the scenery but then again the default Schweizer sits at ground level. On the other hand the otherwise excellent (aside from the 'bouncy' landings) ASW28 looks just fine at default airports.Hmmm ....http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7e6d744fcca7fd.jpg

Hmmmm,All I can say is I have flown a few flights with the ballasted ASW28 at Emma Field (using the winch launch) and have not had a problem like this taking off or landing.Joe

Joe Lorenc

Guest PhilC

Same here. No problems with the ASW28 except that the landing gear does not retract. I wrote the author and he mentioned that if the gear were not down, even though they appeared to be, you would sink into the ground.Doubt if this is of any help but thought that I would pass it on.

That's interesting Phil. I noticed the gear problem as well. But... if you go try the ASW28 somewhere else (NZ my fave atm with a thermiek bgl) you'll see, and hear, the gear functions correctly. I'll hazard a guess and say there's some sort of conflict between the winch module and the ASW28's gear deployment.

I use the winch launch and have no problem with the gear.Strange . . .Joe

Joe Lorenc

Must be Sunday as the grass is mowed on Monday (yes, just checked it out). We told Fritz to mow the grass more often.Serious, I do not believe it is a problem of Emma. First of all there is absolutely nothing special on the ground there, secondly, if there was a problem we would have been told by more people.I can see two reasons, first the mentioned problem with the gear (I had the same), secondly there could be an addtional scenery active that changes the ground level.Mathijs KokLAGO

Mathijs,It was indeed a scenery problem. I'd left the old version of Flying M installed which had slipped down the layer order and gone unnoticed. Removing that and replacing it with Georender fixed things :)