Sign in to follow this  

dual monitor and now computer reboots randomly

hi all i have just installed a Tnt 32meg Nvidia PCI card on a P3800 256meg SD133 Ram Gforce 2 MX400 64meg and an Asus P3V4X moboas soon as i installed the PCI card the computer keeps randomly rebooting and sometimes hangs in the windows 98SE start up phase, i uninstalled the card and everything works finecould anyone tell me what the problem might be?thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just a guess here, but how big is your power supply? If it's not at least 300 watts, I'd sure look at it as a possibile cause.Mark

Need more info. Are you plugging the Tnt 32meg Nvidia card into the same PCI slot. If so, try a different PCI slot. Might also be an IRQ problem since some pci slots share IRQ's with other PCI slots(and/ or other devices). See pic: http://home.attbi.com/~jrogers2/p3v4x.jpg john(KEWB)

Sounds like not enough RAM to me 256 is hardly enough to run Win98 and your FS2002 alone and now you are expecting it to run two monitors... you can effectively divide your RAM in half, subtract from that any other running processes (eg Firewall, antivirus etc) and bingo - crash!!

hi allmy power supply is 235W and i have one stick of 256Ramalso i have Norton Anti virus runningbut i cant understand why it wont boot into windowsand how do i assign a differnt IRQ to my pci card/.