Sign in to follow this  

Kent Scenery! UK

HiA couple of months ago I posted some screenshots of some scenery I was making called - Kent landmarks!Well sadly I lost my job due to the decline in IT in my area so I have had my mind on trying not to loose my house.I have made some progress with the scenery and I have not stopped the little project but just slowed it a bit.Anyway,The areas created so far:-Reculver TowersCanterbury CathedralDungeness nuclear powerstation.Dungeness Light housesBodiam CastleSandwich cooling towers Nr Manston Airport, KentHerne Bay Seafront Building's, Peir. etc.All made GMAX with real photo textures.Some the performance is great.Anyway I probally will just finish the above and worry about the others after my little crisis before starting other areas.Take care,StevePs here are a few pics enjoy.

Guest bones

Very nice work Steve..Don't give up on it. Delay, yes, cancellation is not an option!

Guest Paul_W

The lighting on the cathedral is really striking, and the buildings in the shot of the low-level pass by the Cessna have some pretty realistic surfaces--something I don't see much of in FS itself or in many add-ons.Well good luck with your job search; I expect your scenery project will get even better when you return to work on it after the unscheduled break.

Hi Steve,They look fantastic - best of luck in the job search !!

Guest goon

Great looking sceneries Steve!Good luck with the job search, I've been there twice and can understand how desperate it might seem at times. There's always something round the next corner though!Cheers,Gareth Evans

Great work! I live about halfway between Herne Bay and Reculver, and I work in Canterbury. Great to see such familiar landmarks in FS :-)The only improvement I can suggest is with the lighting on the cathedral - it's got more of an orange tint in real life. I work in Military Road until 8:30pm every night, so as it's been getting darker over the last few weeks I've been treated to spectacular nighttime views of the Cathedral on my way home each night.Need any beta testers who are familiar with the area?Cheers, and good luck with the job hunting mate :-)

Steve, Thank you for this, looks great, I'm sure I saw a courting couple under the pier...!Very well done.George

Thanks guys!!I.T was a strong and worry free career to take! sadly the market is now full of so be engineers out of college willing to take any job that comes their way and who can blame them!! since I started as a Sytems engineer wages have been cut by 50% and house prices have doubled oh well I see a change in career coming!!Anyway off that subject and back to what this forum was for! I will push ahead with this scenery so I can say I have done what I have always waited for somebody else to do!! and that was to make kent (UK) more interesting to fly around.At the end of the day there are alot of us who do love the feeling of flying high above cathedral's and the excitement of flying over landmarks and knowing where we are as much as the procedures we like to follow to get up there in the first place.Here are a few more Pictures if you missed my last post.I may take a few of you up on a beta test soon if your interested?Take care and speak soon!Steve.

SteveIf you're looking for a new career, ever thought about taking up scenery design full time? You're clearly talented enough, and it worked for Gary Summons. A progressive release of VFR scenery of that quality of the whole UK would keep you going for a few years! Think about it....divide the UK up into 8 or 10 chunks, and produce the main, non-airport VFR landmarks and linear features progressively. I think it would sell extremely well. I've been waiting seemingly forever for someone to do the new Severn bridge...Good luck,Cheers,AndyEGTR

Guest goon

He's right....It's obviously payware quality.Regards,Gareth Evans

I really do not think there is a market that is large enough for the hours it takes to create this scenery! although I would love to get into a career in scenery design! Who would not? If there was a way where somebody would fund me to drive from one end of the country to the other and photograph each landmark I would be quite happy to do it as a contract type job but I cant really see it paying the bills but I can dream...By the way!! Lago has just released their Hi Res terrain mesh for England and Wales!!http://www.lagoonline.com/ENG/default.aspThis should be great!! at last Dover Cliff's..all it needs now is Dover docks..umm my next location I think.Steve.

Hey Steve - I'm in Surrey - but I think those sceneries are really cool. Any chance you might broaden out to other Southern Counties? Brighton's piers would be great on the approach to Gatwick!Rob

Hey Steve, 1stly excellent work, completely stunning.Check your private posts on avsim.Will