Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Ariane GMAX 737-400 - Another View

Hi all,First let me say that I know nothing about the supposed horrible past of Ariane or any of it's members. I am also not affiliated with any other FS Aircraft development company or individual. I'm simply a hard core flight simmer who has been engrossed in this hobby for over 10 years. I currently own just about every piece of payware aircraft and major scenery, and have downloaded every promising piece of freeware that has come along.I bought the Ariane GMAX 737-400 this afternoon and love it! It is one of the most beautiful, detailed and smooth flying aircraft that I have ever seen for FS2002 from any source. Most specifically, I bought it to use instead of the default aircraft for the Dreamfleet 2000 737-400. I quickly combined the two and they work seamlessly together (other than a small adjustment to the autopilot in the aircraft config file.)I don't want to get into any arguments with anyone, I just wanted to share my happy experience with others and encourage everyone to make a decision on the merits of this new product, which in my opinion is excellent.Thank You,Vonat 1

Guest C17SimGuy

do the thrust reversers work? Can you post a pic of that? And could you post a good pic of teh "over the wing" view? Thanx!-drew

Yes, the thrust-reversers work great. In fact, one of the best things about this craft is that EVERYTHING works perfectly in replay mode...which is not the case with many other fine aircraft. So if you roll back a landing about 10 minutes, you can watch as all the flaps and spoilers come down, and finally get a great touchdown picture (with fantastic strut action...I bounced hard on my first landing and the wheels were rolling as I was bumped back into the air!!!!) and finally see the thrust-reversers deploy. You can also watch the landing form the much discussed virtual "wing view". All this is is a virtual "cockpit" that puts you between the 2 wings. It may not be revolutionary, but it's great fun as the wings and engines are beautifully detailed. Take it or leave it, the plane is a lot of fun even without this.Thanks,Vonat1

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE LOW DOWN ON EXACTLY WHAT NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED TO GET THE DF 737 PANEL MERGED WITH THE ARIANE. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THE ARIANE CAME WITH ITS OWN SOPHISTICATED PANEL????

How can you be engrossed in this hobby for ten years and know nothing ? Claiming to know nothing about it is no excuse.Certainly those that care about this hobby would leave this offering alone. Save your money and buy one of the many other great addons available.Steve

The plane does not come with it's own panel (one will be released at extra cost in a few days). It uses the default panel initially, for which you do not need to make any modifications. I am using it with the Dreamfleet 200 panel, and simply pasted the Autopilot configuration from the default plane config file into the Airan aircraft.cfg (after backing it up of course.) Mostly this disables the auto-level function and changes the initial pitch up, etc.By the way, I'm posting some new pix in the screenshot forum in the next few minutes for those interested.Thanks,Vonat1

I LOVE FREE ENTERPRISE. I MEAN SHOULD WE STOP BUYING SHARES OF IBM AND EXXON SINCE ENRON AND WORLD COM DECEIVED THE PUBLIC ??? I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND THERE IS NO IMMUNITY FROM DECEPTIVE PRACTICES AND CORRUPTION IN OUR OPEN MARKET SOCIETY.WHERE THERE IS COMMERCE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ISSUES WITH PEOPLE GETTING BURNED. I DONT BLAME ANYONE FOR BUYING FROM A COMPANY IF HE OR SHE BELIEVES THE PRODUCT IS A GOOD VALUE. WE ALL GET BURNED AND WE ALWAYS COME BACK FOR MORE !!!

>How can you be engrossed in this hobby for ten years and >know nothing ? Claiming to know nothing about it is no >excuse. >>Certainly those that care about this hobby would leave this >offering alone. Save your money and buy one of the many >other great addons available. I know they have a spotty past, and I know its not really right to support them, but I think it'd be nice to have one single thread that mentions Ariane without everybody who has devoted their life to crusading against them chiming in their two cents. I'm just getting really sick of seeing every well intentioned thread turning into an anti-ariane/payware brawl, I guess it just gets a little annoying.And, as far as the aircraft goes, I will probably buy it as soon as I see the United Airlines 733 come out, because I bought it for FS2000 and I was wholeheartedly pleased with the quality then, and I'm sure its an incredible plane now.Scott

Hi,I also have the dreamfleet 2000 panel, would you please give the procedure to follow in order to merge with the Ariane Gmax aircraft CFG ?ThanksLaurent

Steve,It took me a while to think of a fair response....While I feel the whole p.t. issue is so tarnished that I won't touch anything related to it, past or present, I also have to call myself a hypocrite.Why? I've bought FS2002, and numerous other MS products. Read the press on Microsoft. What's worse--someone who is told to pull an AA livery, or someone who suffers or loses their livelihood as a result of the issues alleged to be associated with Microsoft.Never mind the fact that the average consumer sees a web page that mentions noting of p.t.--they only have faith and word of mouth to rely on. In the end, all depends on the product. If Ariane has something that makes people happy, let them enjoy the product, lest we start receiving the same flak for enjoying FS2002 or running Win9x/NT/2000/XP on our systems...-John

Lay off Ariane already!It is getting extremely annoying. Now if they made a crappy product and if everyone was complaining i would understand the constant bit**ing about them, but no they make a superb product and generaly people that buy it seem happy and content.It is only a few who just doesnt let go. It almost makes me think someone paid them to talk trash at every opportunity.Just shut up if you dont have nothing nice to say cuz we heard the bad stuff over and over and over again.

I wholeheartedly agree. I bought the earlier version Ariane 737 before any links to Papa Tango were revealed and I have enjoyed that aircraft immensely ever since, in fact it may be my most flown flightsim aircraft. As far as I'm concerned PT has been appropriately pursued through legal means by those who had legitimate claims against them and PT have suffered accordingly. I don't think there is any legitimacy in continuing any personal crusades in a forum like this one. There is no corporate law I'm aware of that calls for shunning a company for life. I for one will be getting this aircraft and if they allow me I will redo all my repaints for the new model. Misha

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I purchased the aircraft. Has anyone anyone able to lower the air stairs? I have not. I can get the doors open, but the stairs don't work for me. Has anyone else had the same problem? Or how did you get it to work. Shift E 1, 2 don't work.Any ideas would be appreciated.Charles

Guest C17SimGuy

Sweet! Thanks for the response! Regardless of the whol PT crapola, I'm still gonna buy the UA "special bundle" when it comes out! Thanks for the pics!-drew