Sign in to follow this  
Guest LordsSoldier

Guest metamarty

This is a great initiative. How can I apply? Does it matter that I am gay?

Guest yaphet kotto

well if not, you could always join my "soldiers of the church of gays and non gays airline". we only admit gay and non gay pilots! (please note that this does not exclude bi-sexuals, transexuals or asexuals).

>I think this is not appropriate. Religion and politics don't>belong on a public flight sim forum like this. Of course you>can and should create a religous based VA if that's what you>want to do, but it doesn't belong here.>>Just my $0.02 worth.Actually, true Christians do not believe in religion.What you call "religion" a true Christian looks at as more of a relationship with God. I don't have a "religion" but I do have a relationship with our Lord.I see nothing wrong with this post.It IS Flight Sim related, is it not?His post does fall under "General Discussion".I personally see nothing wrong with a group of individuals informing people that there is a group out there that may cater to the needs of others who might be looking for like-minded indivduals.He is not pushing religion on anybody.He is not "preaching" to anybody.He is not bashing/flaming people for their views.He is not exhibiting a hostile or derogatory tone.He is not offensive.It would seem to me that not letting someobdy post about their Christian Flight Sim group in a Flight Sim forum could, and should be, construed as ridiculous . Why shouldn't he? Because you don't think it is appropriate? I find the fact that somebody is creating a Christian Flight Sim group commendable, and it sure doesn't bug me if he wants to share his group with others.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest danowat

Hi Shane,This has no place in a general FS forum, why?, for 3 reasons.1) AVSIM has a dedicated Virtual airlines forum, it would be better placed there.2) He is descriminating against non-cristians, people from all over the world come here, all colours and creeds, and to see someone saying they are setting up a group JUST FOR CRISTIANS is wrong, just like me saying I am gonna make a VA JUST for gays, jews, hindus, muslims etc etc3) Religion does not have any place in flight simming, for me, its a hobby, what ever else I do, what ever religion I choose to believe in is my business and does not and should not enter into discussions about flight sim, we are all here with ONE common interest, flight sim, now lets just keep it at that and leave all of the potentiol FLASHPOINTs out of it.Dan.

>Hi Shane,>>This has no place in a general FS forum, why?, for 3 reasons.>>1) AVSIM has a dedicated Virtual airlines forum, it would be>better placed there.>>2) He is descriminating against non-cristians, people from all>over the world come here, all colours and creeds, and to see>someone saying they are setting up a group JUST FOR CRISTIANS>is wrong, just like me saying I am gonna make a VA JUST for>gays, jews, hindus, muslims etc etc>>3) Religion does not have any place in flight simming, for me,>its a hobby, what ever else I do, what ever religion I choose>to believe in is my business and does not and should not enter>into discussions about flight sim, we are all here with ONE>common interest, flight sim, now lets just keep it at that and>leave all of the potentiol FLASHPOINTs out of it.>>Dan.If you read my post you would see that "religion" is not really a true description of being one with God.His hobby is flight simming as well. He is also a believer in Christ. He bought FS with his money. MoG is his idea.As far as descriminating against "non Christians" he is just looking for unity in his squad. It is up to him if he wants to do so. I know a LOT of people who would probably be looking for something just like this. Is it fair for them to be denied the the opportunity to look into what he is offering. IMO, we need more people like this guy around, not less.I see posts in here all the time concerning trouble with FS and their hardware...do these posts not belong in "PC/MAC Hrdware for Simulations" forum? I would say so...and yet nobody jumps all over these posts. Seems kind of hypocritical if you ask me.In your post you say, "we are all here with ONE>common interest, flight sim,...", is he not one with the same interest?If you had a VA and I put on my application that I practiced Wicka would you be so inclined to let me join? Probably not. I remember posting a screenshot a while back of a Tornado I just bought from LAGO and my screenshot title was something along the lines of "Tornado after a bomb run in Iraq" and people actually got offended. Too many people here forget just what you suggest in your post, a "common interest in FS".I'm sorry but until I actually see somebody putting down others for their own beliefs I have yet to see any comment in this thread topic that holds any water with regards to the his post being inappropriate....no valid arguments against his post thus far, and more then likely there will not be any.He has a relationship with God, he is proud of it, and he created a group where people with similar interests can get together and enjoy this game.And I am all for it.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Micah/Michael/Major/whatever your name is - if you guys are>the "Future of On-Line Gaming" as your site proclaims, then I>guess I'll be trying to remember the rules to the Gin Rummy>card game in the Future. It sure was fun when I was 13, and>I'm sure it could be again.>>--->>I will also point out that this is Mr. Lord's first post to>Avsim, ever. Hrrrm.>>--->>But at least they're simming rather than moving door-to-door ->during dinner hour no less - trying to convert my household to>their cause, as some other non-simming sects are wont to do>8^) . >>Dave Blevins>>>Forget it...not even worthy of comment.

Ark

Guest danowat

I am not gonna argue with you about this Shane, it aint worth it, I respect yours and everybody elses opinion, but I still belive that this is inoppropriate for a "general" flight sim forum.still enough of that, hows that repaint going? ;), catch me on MSN when you next available.Dan.

Guest jaapverduijn

A great American writer once stated: "One mans religion is another mans belly laugh". When it comes to freedom of religion which automatically implies freedom of non-religion, the belly laugh should be respected neither more, nor less, than the religion. Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest danowat

I actually wonder how this thread would have panned out if these guys were asking for ONLY muslims to join their VA? :-hmmm