Sign in to follow this  
Guest LordsSoldier

>>Sorry but I will not stop with the American patriotism. If it wasn

Guest LordsSoldier

I must apologize but I just can

Guest LordsSoldier

:-wave :-wave :-waveSorry I cant waste anymore of my time. God Bless

I think everyone here needs to back off... We're an International forum. If you don't have anything good to say about our home countries, don't say it. No country on this planet is beyond ill comment, unless someone can tell me one where there are no politicians. One can rally against the ills of the U.S., or Morocco, or Germany, or New Zealand (although New Zealand's only fault is they didn't make the hobbits from LOTR shave their feet out of respect for the sheer beauty of the place :) ).I do have to say to LordsSoldier that we are perceived in a very negative way for somehow suggesting the U.S. is savior of the world. WWII a case in point--we were an isolationist country turning a blind eye to the "Final Solution." There were a number of people concerned, but the electorate turned a blind eye until our own rear ends were on the line. And that is true of many wars--even the attempted appeasment at the dawn of WWII would have saved the rears of those involved, at the expense of the millions a really bad dude was already dispatching from this world. Still, our "Flag waving" doesn't score points with anyone--it is something perceived as uniquely American, and pretty ugly at that since many have died with our flag being the last thing they've seen--whether it be from a F117A or from a cruise missile. I have traveled to Asia, Latin America, and Europe. We do some things better, and they do some things better. God has either blessed all of us, or none of us.... And don't forget the fact that our most "holy" of flag waving days--7-4-1776, celebrates a time when our new found "freedom" was subsidized by the millions of slaves. I don't think God had forsaken them--God doesn't play sides IMHO. Those who believe God does are the cause for 90 pct. of the crisis our world faces at the moment, whether an Imam in Saudi Arabia, or a Televangelist in Atlanta. Now let's get back to Aviation, eh?

Guest Ken_Salter

To *everyone*:Please take religion and politics out of these forums. They have no place here. These forums are dedicated to flight simulation and flight in general. There are other forums out on the net where you may talk about religion and poliitics all day long if that is your thing.I didn't lock the original thread until the thread (inevitably) degraded. I saw no need to delete the thread also.My religious beliefs, though *vastly* different than those expressed by the originator of this thread, do not keep me from being objective.Basically, my policy is to let the community decide how such messages should be handled.It is not true that you have freedom of speech in these forums. This is a private forum. AVSIM does have Terms and Conditions which you accepted when you registered. (http://forums.avsim.com/toc.html) I have not seen anything by the originator of this thread that violates the T+C (yet).However, this thread has now veered way off topic.This thread is now locked...and any other threads will become immediately locked or deleted if they take the same path.Thank you for your understanding.