Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

Remarkable Customer Service from RealAirSimulations

I've been a reader of this forum for over a year now, and wanted to post many times, but nothing ever inspired me to go to the trouble of registering. Until tonight that is.I'd been reading great comments about the Sf260 from realair simulations, and so I counted up the spare change I've collected over the last 9 months and got my wife's endorsement to spend it on a plane. I logged onto their site with my 20 month old son on my lap and credit card on my desk, and ordered away while my son squealed with glee at the pictures of the plane on the web page. No sooner had I hit enter on the order when I realized that I'd used a Discover credit card that wouldn't be processed til the next day. I tried using another credit card, only to have it rejected because the previous order was still pending. Darned if you do and darned if you don't. As I am leaving on business tomorrow, I had that sinking feeling that comes when a much anticipated joy is put just out of reach for a few days.In a last ditch, desperate effort, I fired off an email to Rob Young, designer of the plane. Expecting the worst because of the hour of the night, I was dumbfounded to receive a reply within about 5 minutes. Mr. Young told me he was looking into it, and would get back to me shortly. 7 minutes later, he sent me another email with a completely unexpected and completely satsifactory solution. 5 minutes later I was in the virtual skies over Yosemite National Park flying the best aircraft I've ever laid a HOTAS sytem on. The flight model and virtual cockpit are the subject of plenty of threads around here, so I won't go into more detail except to say, "Wow!"Mr. Young's explanation for going out of his way late at night to resolve a problem of my own making? "We don't want you unable to fly if you are that keen!" Now that's customer service. And that's worth getting off my virtual tush and registering so I can post in this forum. This is a great hobby...one I hope to pass on to my son. And it's people like Rob Young and his fine company that make it better and better. A public thanks to you, Sir.

Thank you sir! So glad you got to fly before your trip.Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Hi Rob,You have one unexpected customer here thanks to the comments in this forum; not just about the plane but the customer service as well :-)I normally only fly 'liners but the 260 looked like a 'fun' diversion, after all you don't loop a 767 or 747 :-lol I have not had chance to really check her out fully but had to try a loop and hammerhead, not very good but great fun.I have a few 'issues' but most will be pilot training and stick sensitivites, however I find the VC a little dark to read the gauges well, maybe these old eyes are no longer up to it :-(I have yet to figure out what key stroke I assigned to 'door opening' because I have yet to open the canopy, but I do like the wind noise, especially in the dives (-: Thanks to the team a fun little aircarft.

HI "Vulcan",To open the canopy press Shift E. The Sf260 Guide gives you detailed info about setting up FS2002 for the best performance. From what you describe it sounds like you may not have set the Flight Model Realism slider to max (fully right) in the aircraft/realism menu. You can also adjust stick response in the options/controls/sensitivity menu.There is a detailed illustrated section in the Sf260 Guide which takes you through aerobatics and the required speeds and G limits for several maneouvres.If your Virtual Cockpit is a little dark you can always adjust brightness either on your monitor controls or by right clicking on your desktop and adjusting colour and gamma settings in your display properties. We set the cockpit shades to suit an "average" monitor and of course there are variations depending on your system.If you need any more information please do e-mail me at RealAir and I will do my best to help.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

When I'm in a hurry to get extra cockpit lighting in "any" VC, I just hit the "L" key. Then I can turn off the individual landing lights, etc. if needed. If time is not an issue, then panel,dome, etc. switches will do the job.L.Adamson

Guest CapnCol

A couple of months ago I downloaded the Falcon 50 and am really pleased with it, many thanks to Rob, Janick and Fred for this. I am still amazed that this quality aircraft was free. I am fast approaching my birthday and was wondering what I might treat myself to when I saw this post and just had to look at realairsimulations site. The screenshots are pretty impressive and I think that you will have another customer here (roll on the 16th). Colin

Hi Rob,Thanks for the response.I tried to say in my original post that most of my 'problems' were pilot induced so to speak and not a fault with the SF260.Shift + E does not open the canopy so somewhere along the line I must have changed the assignment and have not had chance to check that out yet.Realism setting is all the way to the right, it's just a question of getting used to plane, after all I have only had about 30 minutes in it and no longer being 16 it does take a little longer to aquire the skills ;-)I read the aerobatics notes so again no argument with the details supplied with the SF260, just like everything else, you can't expect to get it right first time :7 I will have a look at the monitor settings, especially the gamma setting for the VC.Again thanks for the response and plane.