Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neutral Jumper

Come Fly for Emirates VA!

Guest Neutral Jumper

Emirates VA is accepting all applications from virtual pilots from all over the flightsim community for over 8 months. Our main mission is to have fun simulating our favorite airline Emirates in the wonderful virtual world of flight simulation. We are fans of Emirates and their awesome ultra modern fleet. Our goal is to meet many other simmers and aviation buffs who share this passion. We hope that Emirates Virtual will be a place to meet real pilots, flightsimmers and real aviation buffs, make friends from all around the world and share our trials and tribulations within Flight Simulator.Some of our services[ul][li]Really cool automated pilot services using ASP technology and a robust SQL database. [li]Advanced Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS). Neat program that captures all of your flight data from Flight Simulator and sends it to our database. No need to fill out PIREP's anymore! [li]Cargo Division. [li]A large and diverse community of active flight simulation fanatics. [li]Advanced message board system with a lot of topics posted every day. Very active and dynamic. [li]A first class virtual airline experience simulating one of the best airlines in the world. [li]Full access to our affiliate virtual airlines including: Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Thai, JAL, Malaysia, Asiana, Lufthansa, Air France, Virgin, Swiss, Hawaiian, Aloha, Air Pacific, Air Tahiti Nui, Virgin, SriLankan and Vietnam Airlines. Flights with all of our affiliates are automatically displayed in your pilot logbook.[/ul]We are a virtual airline redifined!In other virtual airlines when you become a pilot your only job is to complete a flight for the same airline. Day after day, month after month, year after year. For this reason many pilots choose to join several VA's or quit over time. Who would want to fly the same planes and routes all the time? Boring... but not with us!This is where the Flying Tigers Group comes in. You can fly for all of our virtual airlines representing some of the best and most exotic airlines around the world. As a pilot you will be able to fly short island hops to exotic locations or even trans-Atlantic flights on the Concorde.Because all of our VA's share our advanced automation features, a pilot only needs to sign up once. Then with a single pilot ID, a pilot can log in to all of our virtual airlines. What's really cool is that you can file a PIREP at any of our virtual airlines and it will always count towards your total flight hours and rank!This concept has created one of the most diverse groups of Flight Simulator fanatics we've ever seen!We offer a diverse and up-to-date route network with new and exotic destinations such as New York, Tokyo, Sydney, Bangkok, Male, and much of Europe. Our Route MapEKVAroutemapjune8.gifYou can find out more at http://emirates.virtualairline.orgSee ya in the Virtual Skies!

Guest cx152

It's a great VA guys. ;)

Hello,I am a bit disappointed right now. I've just joined Emirates VA 'cause the advertisment sounds great. Especially the automated PIREPs. However after joining, I discovered that you need to buy extra software (FS Flight Tracker) and I have no intention of doing that. I am a member of SN Brussels Airlines VA and they have automated logging so I don't want to go back to writing everything down and doing all the calculations.Maybe the add needs adjustment?

Mr. PMDG driver & registered FSUIPC user?$8 for an ACARS utility is pretty drastic, it's almost as expensive as a pizza! Emirates VA also works with FS Flight Keeper, BTW. Sometimes good things cost money, so whatever floats your boat.

Eric Thornton

Guest Flying Tigress

Well, Khalid's a great guy - best sense of humor in the 1200 member Flying Tigers Group. You couldn't do better than Emirates (except Virgin VAs, of course) and the automated reporting system works seamlessly. The cost of the software is trivial ($8.00 as I recall) compared to the benefits of being part of one of the premier airlines in the Flying Tigers Group - one of the most respected groups in virtual aviation.

Guest EK382

I would agree! But then I might be biased ;)

Guest AllyMcBeal

Khalid is great (except when he insists that KAL is better than Asiana...:( :) ) and when you join Emirates, you get to fly all other airlines of the Flying Tigers Group.That includes the best of them all, Asiana, with all its unusual Chinese routes. ;) As for the ACARS, FS Flight Tracker at $8 is a good deal, or you can also manually file your PIREPs.

Guest Iikka_M

Hello,I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with our VA's. In the future we hope to have a custom and completely free ACARS system. For now very, very cheap payware is the way go to -- along with the conventional PIREP logging.Best regards,

Guest AFRVA

Jennifer,I seldom read most of what's written on these boards but I would like to recognise something that is rare, a woman at the head of a VA.It was in 1998 that the reportedly first woman CEO of a VA, Kimmiko McKay, was recognised by flightsim.com, her VA Geisha Air lasted but a year, closing in late 1999 due to her death of pancreatic cancer. My marriage to her lasted more than 25 years and our love for flying endured our entire lives together. So, congratulations on your position, remember those that came before you.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?5mJNa09e=main/who/kim.htmPeter McKay, PresidentAir Fresno Regional Virtual Airlineshttp://home.earthlink.net/~airfresno/