Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkMcCoy

Something different in a new VA...

Guest MarkMcCoy

I know you folks are exhausted from reading the forum threads here.. each one boasting the development of a new virtual airline.Aren't there enough? I personally have seen my fair share of fictional VAs here, some excellent, and some... well, you get the point.Myself and a few colleagues (sp?) recently received approval from a major US airline, to begin operations as an emulating VA. At this time, it will be the only VA representing this respective airline & I have every intention of developing and maintaining a very professional, worthy operation. Realism is our focus, and at this time we are seeking a few extra talented staff to fill in the gaps.The most important elements (such as fleet, scheduling, web design, etc.) are already in place, butif you are intersted in lending your skills and experience to the newest, real-world VA to hit the streets, please send an email to me at: mark_mccoy@hotmail.comWe'd be glad to have you on board!

Guest j-mo

Mark-Hello?Are you monitoring this thread???

Guest MarkMcCoy

Yes of course I'm monitoring this thread.. it's been only 24 hours! :) The virtual airline will be modeled after the USA's 10th largest commercial airline: American Trans Air (ATA). After lengthy discussions and legal Q&As, I was granted permission to develop a VA entirely around the original airline's operations. Already well into the development stages of web design, fleet painting, scheduling, and infastructure programming, its become important to begin seeking the right staff for the remaining preparations and get ready for operational status.If you aren't familiar with ATA, you can veiw their website by visiting: www.ata.comTo see an a.net photo of an ATA 737-800, visit this link: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/578884/L/(Oh, and if your wondering if you've seen this thread somewhere else, I did also post it in the fligtsim.com VA forums) :)

Guest MarkMcCoy

Got your email, AJ. Thank you! You should have a reply waiting in your inbox.

Guest nattydread

Im currently shopping around for a VA. Im currently going through a Pilot Training Program and find this good practice. Im in the process of building my new system that will have MSFS 2004 installed, hopefully it will be complete this weekend. My only concern is flexibilty. My training is time intensive so I may be limited to weekends, late night hours and some lengthy breaks inbetween...I hope thats not too much of an issue.

Guest MarkMcCoy

Well, if you are interested, just go ahead and send me an email with the info I requested above to: mark_mccoy@hotmail.com :)

Guest MarkMcCoy

Just a quick update..Opening day is roughly 2-3 weeks away. The Virtual Airline named in the thread above is going to be emulated after American Trans Air (ATA), America's tenth-largest (and certainly not the first to encounter finacial reorganization) passenger airline, with support from the "actual" host corporation itself (ATA Airlines, Inc.)Routes are 100% accurate and up-to-date with ATA's current scheduling. PIREP and Roster automation already common with many current virtual airlines has been integrated, with more to come in the near future.We still have a few tasks requiring talented supervision, so if you think you might be interested, send an email to: ceo@atavirtual.com P.S. Yes, if you think you've seen this thread elsewhere, you probably have.. flightsim.com. :)