Sign in to follow this  
Guest retroairlinesgroup

Another day, another VA

Guest retroairlinesgroup

Proudly presenting British Caledonian Virtual - the 6th and final (for now) airline to be added to the Retro Airlines Group.This airline is based on BCal as it was in 1984 - have a look here: http:www.retroairlinesgroup.org/BCALvirtual/index.phpPilots can fly and file routes from any of the 6 airlines currently in the group even if you are not a member of that airline.

Guest Speedbird1

Oh really, I have been trawling these VA websites for months and years and yet another one who thinks that will be successful by following another url/vaname type airline/group.When are some people going to realize that this is not the right approach.

Guest retroairlinesgroup

ahhh, the great British Airways Virtual, where the management are always right and soooo superior and if you don't agree then tough.Tell me Stephen, what is your definition of a "success" in the Virtual Airline world? Number of pilots? Biggest pilot manual? Largest route database? Flashiest website? None of that makes any difference at all if people don't join and don't report flights and don't take part. We are just as successful as you if those things are the criteria.And why is your approach better than mine? Because as far as I can see we are doing the same thing and that is emulating companies we both like and have respect for.Jonathan FenechCEO - Retro Airlines Grouphttp://www.retroairlinesgroup.org

Guest Speedbird1

Jonathan,After reading my initial post, I would like to "rephrase what I said"And it is my own personal opinion. I was not not comparing your group to BAV, so resorting to slighty personal comments about the style that we run BAV is a little harsh.I have never been a great admirer of the "group" way of Virtual Airlines, if they are succesful they can be sometimes difficult to manage and when your members get hungry for more features for each individual airline.Please do not get me wrong Jonathan, I was not criticising your group but a purely personal opinion on the "group structure".I apologise if you do not agree.

Guest retroairlinesgroup

The world is big enough to allow you and I to do our "thing" without getting in each other's way, there was no need for such comments in the first place.Anyway, I did not mean to be harsh to you personally, but things people write on forums can be open to misinterpretation on both sides.I apologise if you feel I was harsh or personal.

Guest Speedbird1

Yes, I agree.Maybe I should of been more supportive, the more I read them the worse they look. :-hang I wish you well, good luck mate

Guest bjbear

StephenWhy must you allways post something that is designed to antagonise? Opening salvo to put down the efforts of others! which a response was spot on and accurate from Jonathen, then you start digging out of your hole with a lack of sincerity that makes me want to puke.Oh dear now I have upset you so my name will become mud in the VA World! where its just a game thats taken so serious by those with a superiority complex. Good Luck with British CaledonianB J BearTo good for BAV

Guest Speedbird1

So if I have a view about a certain structure I am not allowed to express an opinion about it. Why is that ?I admit I came across wrong but I have rephrased my post to Jonathan, thats not digging myself out of a hole, that is my way of an apology for the first post, although my opinion has not changed.If you don't like it then there is nothing I can do about it.So who is doing th attacking now !! " Superiority complex "I was not aware that it was a crime to try to provide the best you can for a community so why is that classed as having a superiority complex.Then the "its just a game" comment is mentioned.If you can afford to purchase FS and addons and still call it a game then thats great although Doom 3, FIFA Football and Splinter Cell are much cheaper.

Guest bjbear

StephenWhen someone reads something they can interpret it in many ways and not necessarily the way the Author intended it!I dont need to "Attack" you! You can make yourself out to be what ever you like. "I was not aware that it was a crime to try to provide the best you can for a community so why is that classed as having a superiority complex."However you should remember that you are a CEO of a virtual Airline and as such any negative comments you make in regards other peoples VAs will be seen as an attack and Superiority of I have the Best VA around!How nieve to state "If you can afford to purchase FS and addons and still call it a game then thats great although Doom 3, FIFA Football and Splinter Cell are much cheaper." Flight Simulator is a Game it is sold in Computer stores as a Game designed for the larger market of Home computers and thanks to the internet is available to millions of people worldwide! Considering less than 10 years ago this was not the situation.Who says you have to purchase adons to make flight simulator enjoyable? or purchase any other none FS titles?I myself find that with just the basic FS and FSnav (obviously FSUIPC) add to that the great community that exists enhances that Game to a point that other Games dont fulfill! In fact makes FS a hobby.What annoys me is people who then set out to empire build by saying they have the best VA around, try to undermine other peoples contributions to the hobby and if there foolish enough to join that empire and like Johnathen said dont tow the line end up being made out to have a "hidden agenda" or "Trouble makers" who dont have the right to exist.Let me tell you Stephen that even though you think that someone is upsetting your VA your past reactions can have consequences that you wont know about! Some people take it personnally being ridiculed on the internet and dissapear for good! There is only one way to dissapear from the net altogether, Think about that you may be guilty without realising it.