Sign in to follow this  
Guest ColdBear

767 V-speed Calculator program

Guest ColdBear

Hay all,I have made up a little program that will calculate V1, VR and V2 as well as VREF and Climb speed :)The program is based on the Ti-83 Calculator :-hah So to say: IT'S COCKPIT HANDY ALL THE TIME *:-* If anyone is enterested just write a message :)I'll make the program for PC too :) and maybe make a speed indicator thats linked to FS :-kewl Anyone who has great idears about a program like this just write it here :) and I'll see if I can make it :-cool

This sounds like a GREAT idea - especially if it is linked to FS2002.One of the problems I have is trying to fly too many aircraft - hence I never get to know one too well. I need some kind of calculator that will give me V speeds for different aircraft in different conditions/weight.GREAT IDEA !!!!BarryPS You could post your existing calculator for the 767 to the Avsim library

Guest ColdBear

The Release of the Ti-83 program is gonna be tonight *:-*The idea of getting V-speeds for different aircraft is great, but I need the raw date to make such a program!the Ti-83 based pgrm is uploaded to www.abcel-online.com :)

Guest ColdBear

A FMC is a Flight management Computer and it's the hart of navigation in most new airplanes like the 747-400 and 777 and Aibus' as well. My program does a VERY simply job that the FMC is doing, it's calculating V-speeds :) Hope this help :)

...I made the (possibly erroneous) assumption that the original poster was talking 767PIC, in which case this development would have been wholly redundant. If it's for 767 models other than PIC, then the devleopment is even harder to understand because to provide that info, you would need to know that the .air file and aircraft config conformed to the same weight and balance and handling regime as was used for the basis of these calculations. If, for example, you used a POSKY 767 without PIC, that has a completely different .air file from other third party 767 models and the weight and balance info in the aircrat.cfg file would be different. Therefore, I cannot see how an appication that computes V-speeds can possible be accurate unless it's tied to a specific model and load distribution. Such information is provided at despatch time on a real aircraft and unless the load sheet info is available, it's not possible to calculate v-speeds.Cheers,Andy

Guest ColdBear

I'm talking about V-speeds in general for the 767!!! NOT related to 767PIC air file nor Posky's!! I made my calculations by transfering data from a performance chart to a table in the calculator then useing a LINREG(AX+:( and making the whole prgm my self!!! get a Ti-83 and test it your self!! compared to the 767 take off chart it's pretty close!!

I'm just puzzled why I would want to go out and buy a Ti-83 when I can download performance charts for nothing. Moreover, as I said, if the .air file and aircraft.cfg don't reflect real 767 performance based on your calculatons, then the FS performance will be off if I =tried to use your calculated v-speeds. I'm not trying to knock your work, I'm just pointing out that unless you're flying a real 767 or one that functions 100% identically to a real 767 (ie PIC) then the results of the calculations will not be refelcted in the sim. Finally, I don't know if you're aware, there are already spreadsheets freely available that do exactly this and provide much more info as well.

Guest ColdBear

I just tried my prgm with 767PIC and the V-speeds is +/- 1 knot! I made the program for fun and not to make it as precise as posible!