Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Finally got my AETI yoke!

Guest gasebah

Hi guys,first if all thx to all the guys who tried to talk me into it when I posted here a few days ago. It is the AFCSII and I got it at e-bay together with the Cirrus pedals for 429.- Euro. That sure was a bargain.Of course it is heavy duty and feels great and yes, control is way better than with the CH Yoke.Having said that call me crazy, but would I have payed the full money for it I would not be satisfied. It is still not possible even with this expensive stuff to push or pull the elevator in one smooth single motion. It is still a little jumpy as there is still a little sticky friction to overcome.Well, the stuff is used and maybe not well maintained.Is there any regular maintenance (like silicon greaseing) that you do to make it perform at its best? Every tip is welcome.Thx,Alex

If you need to grease it, they recommend taking a towel and wiping off the shaft. Then get some vaseline and lube up the shaft. Work it in and out a couple times and it should be good. You shouldn't need to do it very often, though.Mine goes very smooth in all directions.Matt

Guest gasebah

The towel thing worked great. Thx.Alex

Guest gasebah

Yes Matt thx. There was abreviasion (that right in English?) on the shaft. That caused the problem. I guess it wil be perfect when I additionally grease the guide rail on the inside with some vaseline.Great tool.Alex

Guest KenG

Excuse my dirty mind, but you could get in trouble (or a date from someone of uncertain sexual persuasion) making that post on many message boards. :-lol

You get used to their POV buttons. Takes practice at first, but I have no problems with it.Matt

Guest gasebah

Actually I do not miss it too much as I fly from the VC most of the time and have TrackIR. So no real need for a POVhat except in spot view. Apart from that I still have the CH connected. Funny the two yokes right beneath each other. Looks almost like a real cockpit.It is a great thing too that you can apply ke