Sign in to follow this  

Concorde in FS2002, need Help.

Hi all,I am having big problems flying Concorde in FS2002. Every time I reach cruise altitude at mach 2 I notice that the only way for the centre of gravity to be maintained is if the centre 2 tank is completely full, so when the centre 2 tank starts to empty because all of the fuel from the centre tank has been pumped in to it, then the centre of gravity becomes impossible to maintain. Also when flying mach2 at cruise altitude I find that if the aircraft turns left or right for any reason, like at a waypoint, then the whole plane starts to shake and then it pitches towards the ground. Anyone know how I can solve these problems or know of any good FDE

Guest Boone

Did you do a search in this forum under Concorde? There was a top notch thread relating to this little more than a month ago. It gives you FDE info, flight plans, new paints and more improtantly information on how to FLY the damn thing in FS.Try the search - I bet you'll find it....Boone

I can answer Q1. You have to manipulate the fuel selector under the aircraft/fuel menu throughout the flight. At the start of your flight, select center (1) as your fuel source as this will aid you with the CofG transfer to the rear as you climb and speed up. When in cruise, and for the remainder of the flight, you have to alternate between left and right tanks as your fuel source, making sure you don't crank up too much of a fuel imbalance between the two. Doing it this way leaves the fuel in the center 2 tank well alone and you can cruise at Mach 2 for the max possible time before descent. A bit of a pain (would be good if there was a L/R transfer switch on the panel), but it works.As for the porpoising when turning at speed, I have no idea! I find that even a 2 degree turn can start a wallowing spiral off. You can slow to Mach 1.7 and fly at less than 50K it seems to be lesser, but why should you have to for such girly turns.I've been taste testing various different Concordes for FS2K2 over the last month and I haven't found one that doesn't have at least one really annoying quirk that makes me want to dump it. I was more than happy with the FS2K version of the concorde, but noone seems to have produced an exact replica of its flight characteristics in FS2K2.Gary

I think the British Airways Concorde that I downloaded flies all right. I flew it a couple of times and all went fairly well. No you don't turn any more than a tiny bit at Mach 2!Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Thanks everyone you have all been a big Help.I wish someone would design a Concorde for FS2k2.Thanks again,Dell