Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reddog

HELP GPS gauge not showing up

Guest Reddog

in any of my a/c. all I get is a black square where it should be. Also all of a sudden, just started today, getting this message when the sim fires up and doesn't matter wether I say yes or no still no GPS. I've only istalled one a/c since yesterday and it doesn't have a GPS.I did d/l Cap Havoc's revised Goose panel and when installed got a blck box for the GPS but went back to my other panel I had been using and it was there for that, now now there for any a/c. See pic.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/631785.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://comunity.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest Lizardo

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back; somehow. Look in GAUGES and see if it didn't eat your default "GPS" and "GPS.MOD" files.

Looks like FS is complaining about a gauge from an earlier version. I just checked my FS 2000 & FS 2002 folders, and the FS 2002 version has a 2001 date nearly two years newer than the FS 2000 file. The date on the FS 2002 GPS file is about three weeks older then the date the folder was created, so it must be from the last time the development team updated the masters. I bought the simulator during the first week it was available.I suspect your GPS file has been overwriten by an earlier version. I suggest you copy the FS 2002 GPS file from the FS2002 CDs to your hard drive.

Guest odog

same thing just happened to me...d/l'd a plane and the gauge pack replaced my default gps.gau, i had a friend mail me the original, but i suspect something else was replaced because my gps runs funny now. the yellow track line never resets so im getting lines all over my gps screen, so i just shut off 'display track' for now.

Sadly, some clumsy developers include default gauges in their uploads un-necessarily. Initially, this of course is no real problem, but then MS goes and updates the default gauge and this is the result.And yes, I'm one of the clumsy ones!! My MD-80 package had the MS gps.gau left in it :-(All the best,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Paul,you mention your MD 80 package, designed for FS2000, will you make an FS2002 update for this great panel? I love flying with it, but there are some minor flaws when using it in FS2002.- not all autopilotfunctions work (which is not a real problem for me, I can programm the ap via FSNav)- the HUD does not work- panel lighting (one of the best features of this panel) does not work correctly. After turning the lights on, you cannot turn them of and the textures look like night textures, even during the day.- the strangest thing, which occures with the MD80 panel in FS2002 is the correct starting procedure. In FS2002, other than in FS2000, when using your panel it is possible to fire upthe engines by just pressing ctrl+E, but only if the overhead panel is NOT on the screen. Once you open the overhead (shift+2) the engines stop.The correct engine starting procedure works in FS2002 ALWAYS, if ONLY the overhead panel is open (you have to close the main panel first).When both panels (main and overhead) are open the starting procedure only works SOMETIMES - I haven't figured out yet when, but strange anyway.Still this panel is one of my favorites!I guess all this is nothing new to you. Maybe you know a solution for the engine starting up. BTW, I hope you find the missing gauge for your A310 panel. I look forward to it!Best regards from Innsbruck (one of your MD80 panel testing airports :-) ),Wolfgang

Guest Lizardo

That's the prob..it ate the other one. [i have no idea how]. You need both.

>Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back; somehow. >Look in GAUGES and see if it didn't eat your default "GPS" >and "GPS.MOD" files. Lizardo, Following this post and decided to look in my gauge folder. I have gps.gau but do not have GPS.MOD. I looked on the FS2002 CD and there is no GPS.MOD there either. It's ok since my problem is not with GPS but just curious about this "missing" gps.mod. I am missing all "facility" info inside my Map View" Just searched the 3 FS2002 CD's hoping to spot what might be missing but no luck. Any ideas? Microsoft SP1 seems to have wiped it out.