Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Glider Winch problems at Emma Field

Guest Eagle92395

Ok, I decided to try and learn to soar in the glider, but I can't get the Winch to work. I never see any other gliders come to the air field or anything. The airplane tow works great, and I can actually stay airborne for quite sometime, but the winch just never appears. I tell it to "Start Winch Procedure" and it tells me "Winch isn't ready". I've tried summer, spring, Saturday, Mondays, Fridays... 8am, 10am...etc. Am I doing something wrong?? I have all the updates. Thanks...

Guest PhilC

Start around 9:30am on a Saturday before the end of September (July or August would be OK). Go to an outside view and look toward the glider hangar area. Soon you should see the van pulling the wench headed toward the opposite end of the glider runway. It takes a little time but it will unhook the wench and return to the takeoff end of the runway. After it gets parked there, the wench should be ready.

Guest Eagle92395

Ok, maybe I'm just not patient enough. I'll try waiting longer!

Guest Eagle92395

Ok, I tried May, June, August on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9am, 9:30am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and none of these work still. I opened the flight from LAGO that says Glider Launch and still nothing. I have contacted LAGO and hopefully I'll get this resolved. Thanks a lot. Eagle92395

Guest flightpro08

I had the same 'problem.' Another person on this baord (sorry, forgot your name) explained that you have to have your 'Dynamic Scnery' tab set you 'very dense' or greater to see the Winch and other dynamic gliders. Worked great for me. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

"the wench should be ready" :-lol :-lolSorry Phil, it gave me the best laugh I've had in ages.George

Guest Eagle92395

Don't you know by now... the "wench"...NO HARM INTENDED LADIES... :) ... is never ready?? LOL. Anyways, I'll try that little trick when I get home. Maybe I moved the slider down on accident or something? Thanks!

Guest Eagle92395

That was it! Thanks a bunch guys. For some reason, my Dynamic Scenery had been turned off completely.