Sign in to follow this  

About Anniette (Alpha)

I have received a number of e-mails lately asking me about Anniette. Several people have noted that she isn't responding to e-mails any longer and they don't know where to go to get repaints done. It is my understanding that Anniette's creative talents are no longer available to the flight sim community at large. Anniette is one of the sweetest gals I have ever met (virtually anyway). Not to mention being a lot of fun. I am proud to call her my friend. She has done nothing but give, and has harmed noone. Yet a certain element here saw fit to decend on her like a pack of wolves. If you will, recall the recent incident where she was accused of "stealing" airline logos in the making of her liveries. Well folks, that was the last straw. She took that personally and was very hurt. I know some will say "Why is she so sensitive?" Well, I can answer that. SHE'S A HUMAN BEING! So those of you who dedicate your time to tearing down, while others build. Those of you who feel your purpose in life is to pass judgement on other people and criticize what they do, give yourself a deserving pat on the back. Feel proud of what you've done. You have succeeded.Mike Stone

Well said Mike. And showing courage because you've made yourself a likely target for the next set of flames.Maybe people will finally start to learn and give others the respect they deserve.I'm not saying one shouldn't be critical and point out errors, but if you say something is wrong continue to say what the correction should be.If you think someone has done something he/she shouldn't have, take it up with them in private.And never resort to threats and namecalling.

Very sorry to hear that. I was quite shocked to read the thread where Alpha was attacked for protecting her own copyright, even more surprising was the fact that the culprit made a public apology - but the attacks continued.I am sure that the morons that have once again helped a talented author decide to quit will feel quite happy with themselves in the knowledge that they have managed to deprive the rest of the community of Alpha's work.To Alpha - Sorry to see you leave, unlike your detractors you are a star and your work will be missed by the community at large. Hope we still see you around !!

Guest TimD

I hope that this is not the case, but I would not be surprised to learn that you are right Mike.A lot of good developers, freeware and commercial, have left this hobby over the years due to abusive treatment from nit-picky people on the forums, blatant piracy, and the indifference toward all this by many, many people on this and other forums. I have said this again and again.And of course, it is the flight sim community as a whole that looses. And it's a real shame. [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif

MikeI agree with you Aniette was like a breath of fresh air around here, full of warmth, enthusiasm and character.The sad thing is that many here who appreciated those qualities are also now deprived of her and her creativity.all the bestPeter

Guest Heather 636

Not only from what I have seen of Anniette here in the forums, but also through personal correspondence, I know her to be a very sensitive young lady who, like anyone else, is susceptible to the responses from others.To say that she is very talented is an understatement and it is a shame that she fell prey to the attacks of a bunch of, well, never mind; I'm not going to get into what I think of those who came down on her.I too, have come very close to leaving this community, at least the creation end of it, due to the attacks on those people who freely give of their talents, most often asking nothing more than a polite recognition, if that. Fortunately, I'm considerably older than Anniette and been battle-hardened on more than one occasion.I'm just saddened to see her withdraw because of the ignorant, moronic attacks upon her integrity and generosity. I hope that one day, after more experience from exposure to common humanity, she develops a thicker skin and returns with a defiant stance and tells those who so blatantly attacked her to go to hell.I'm behind you Anniette and where ever you take your skill, I know those who receive from it will be blessed with your talents.Sincerely,Heather Sherman

Well said Heather. I too have threatened to walk away more than once, but I guess I'm just too much of a stubborn old S.O.B. to do it.Mike Stone

I agree with Mike and everyone who has posted so far.Anniette did her repaints in her own special way, HER way.We will miss her talents here for sure. She became a good friend to me and she always will be.Not much else to say as everything I feel has already been posted but I just wanted to let her know she will be missed on Avsim. Craig Kiltie

Guest B52Drivr

Kudos, Mike and Heather and all,Here we have a perfect example of a wonderfully talented individual, who was willing to give of herself and her time to further the hobby we all love so dearly.Her repaints were exceptional and looked forward to by just about all.And what did she get in response from some? Her art was stolen, and when she complained, she was flamed.It make me think that perhaps one should be made to take a 'intelligence' test, and a personality test before being allowed to buy FS. To Anniette: Don't let these idiots get to you, darlin! You are an exceptional talent, your humor and witt is something this forum needs greatly and the majority of us will miss you dearly! If you stop painting, then the 'children' will win. However, if that is your decision, I, as the rest of the 'normal' FS fans, will understand. Sometimes, the grief one experiences is not worth the praises. I for one, do hope that you will reconsider, as this individual will sorely miss your wonderful work.Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

My view now is, if you can't be appreciated at least get paid.In the end it just means more won't bother going through all the trouble unless its for profit. Which seems to be reasonable considering the level of appreciation freeware authors appear to be recieving these days.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I've never had any correspondance with the young lady in question but have read the threads. Shame on them.What are we going to do about it ? If we are a "community" we are not very good at protecting our own are we ? As a post above this says,we lose another one, one too many and here we are letting them get away with it once again. Shame on us.A while ago it was banded about to name and shame, that idea seems to have died.Instead of being so dammed PC, lets get together as the vitual community we claim to be and find an answer to erradicate the abusers. Quickly.SeethingGeorge

I don't think we're letting anybody get away here. We all know who they are. It's up to the moderators to ban people anyways. I'm not too sure if you want to go down the path of setting up some sort of movement to ban certain people because that would just start a whole slew of flamewars back and forth. This place is not a democracy, it is not a judicial chamber either, it is a privately owned forum. We should not introduce those complications here. If the moderators are doing their job, they should be keeping those people in check. Besides, I suspect one or more of that bunch is a lawyer anyways, they would just love a trial here. Best thing to do is just privately email the moderator and point out to them the behavior of certain people. Let them deal with it.

Mike,I am sorry to here this news about Anniette but not surprised. That last vicious flame attack came so soon after the earlier one when the more mature of us begged her to stay.I will miss her contributions here but not for the main reason most will.Most will miss her because of the lack of repaints, I think I only have one Alpha repaint. I will miss her wit, humour and personality that came over strongly to me from her postings.I agree with others, shame on those who indulge in flaming but people who do that have no shame any way and IMHO have no place in this community.Anniette, good luck in all you do and don't give up doing what you enjoyand I hope Taz & Tilliy keep you company ;-)

Hey, I really don't think I can contribute anymore to this thread, I am deeply saddened that Alpha has left and disgusted by people (fellow Flight Simmers) who discourage others, knowing full-well they can't do better. I have some of Alpha's work and I was most impressed by it, her work was just great and I am glad I have the pleasure of flying with it! I didn't know her personally, but knew of her! She gave me one of the kindest ratings! Recently I felt like leaving FS like Alpha has done, but I didn't thanks to my many friends who changed my mind. Now maybe if all her fans come out and cheer for her she may come back!?! Thanks again Anniette

That is really sad to hear...... I can't think of any good thing to say, other than if the people who assaulted Anniette (or any in the freeware community) are reading this thread and active in our community, don't expect an ounce of respect from me. And I suspect they don't have much respect for themselves....