Sign in to follow this  

About Anniette (Alpha)

Its unfortunate that a few people have to spoil it for the the rest of us.These are the kinds of people that have no skill or dont want to take the time to learn to do their own repaints or designs. They see that their end product is not worth releasing to the general public. So instead of putting up with the negative response, they reign down on those who are better at it then they are. Its a shame.Dave W.

You know I poked my nose in this one Mike, awhile back. It still bothers me! Those who complained will now have even less to download. If this keeps up, the best you will get will be out of the box from MS. Unfortunatly, a few WILL ruin it for the whole. But that's the way life is in everything else. Anniette is a nice lady and I mean that in every sense of the word. I prefere to use another word other then wolves, but we'll go with yours for censorship purposes! You are right. They do deserve a pat on their backs. They need to use their own hand to do it too. The Sim AlQueda did a fine job alright, but they will never win. The Sim Coalition needs to bond closer and demand that trash like that NOT be allowed to continue to run folks out, be it freeware OR payware authored. I hope she will return, but I don't blame her if she doesn't. It's another loss to the community that didn't need to happen. Hang in there my friend. Don

Yes...I feel really saddened about the whole thing.. particularly for Anniette but also for Mike and everyone else who has come up against this problem.Its a terrible shame that these wonderfully talented people are allowed to be treated like this by these ungrateful Turnipheads.Anniette is a light shining in the darkness, But alas, the darkness could not understand it!:-)Pete

Hi To all my FriendsI did not intend to post in the forum but.......As this is started by Mike Stone I am going to reply As I Never before met such a Talented person with Such Kindness and real senserity and to think he is My friend is a real Honour.It is Very hard for me to explain myself for Language and I do not just mean spelling but "meaning" also,but here I try.First I am sorry for not replying emails but inless I know a name I can not make myself look at Emails for what may be Inside So I just leaved them,but I will go to them very soon (After a few Jamaica rum)I AM as you all know a Young Artist Starting on what I hope to be a Career Painting pictures that I hope one day will make People Happy,Sad,thoughtfull,or just to brighten a dark room.So when I decided to try to paint planes and People said they like them I thought it was a good thing to do Enjoy and make people happy.I Never wanted Money as this means little to me but I am as Mike says a Human person so I took as my payment POlitness,Kindness and some thank you .I was Very well payed by many people but some Started to not pay me and then some started to wish to hurt me and There are some people who seem to want to come to Avsim and give nothing but tears to people who are not doing anybody Harm.I am not talking about me but all the People here who do truly great things (I just paint planes)These People are really Bullies ,they do not produce things for community they do not help people with problems ,they do not come to share experiance ,They come to contradict people ,critisize and make people feel small ,This make them feel Big and Important and this is there Life work.THey say alot about "their Opinion and entitlement to it but If a intention is to damage then I disagree they should keep their opinion.Avsim Provide a Beautifull Island here for People to come relax ,learn ,share,Create,Have some fun and Make friends but for a few People this is Not what they like SO they be hostile and Aggresive and are like a oil leak on the white sand.I have lost the count of times Here I have Laughed and been exited and Happy but I remember every cut of the words of these people .I was told to be tough and fight back but when I did It got worse ,I have tried Everything I know to make things right ,and I still can not seem to make things alright :)There seems to be no way alot of People can all be nice to each other in this forum or the world ,which as the person I am ,Makes me REAL sad So I think I must Go away to make It right and Maby I will never find a place where people can be Kind to each other without a Bully arriving and thinking "this is a good place to spoil" .Anyway My dictionary is worn away and my heart is tired but I Have made quiet alot of paints of 757's and ATR's That I Would like to share with the Great Friends I have here and the quiet ones :) who I never met sofar and Will try to think away to share them without being against copyrights and things,Maby I write to all airlines or maby I ask Papa To ask them and if they wish to buy a Airbus then that may be put in contract before they sign lol"supply 14 A330 to American Airlines ,subject to my Daughter Painting your airline livery for Flight simulator,signed Airbus Industrie"Love to you all Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Adieu, Anniette. I'm sad to see you go. I love reading your posts, and if I could find my French dictionary, I'd wear it out, too.;) You will be missed.-John

Thats the Spirit...Well done !"supply 14 A330 to American Airlines ,subject to my Daughter Painting your airline livery for Flight simulator,signed Airbus Industrie"Brilliant Anniette.George

Hello Mike,I was the one who brought up the whole deal with the copying of Airline logos. I work for an airline. What I said was the truth regarding the use of logo's and liveries regardless of what one beleives. Most airlines don't waste there time and don't mind the use of the logo or livery in sims. My problem with Anniettes post was her publicly stating her textures were stolen. Sure it's a fact that the textures were used without permission. They shoudn't have been. It's frustrating when that happens it has happened to me as well. I took care of it in private. I felt this should have as well. In the last two years this has been an ongoing occurance. They stole this he copyed that. I'm quitting freeware. I'm sick of it. I agree with you and Anniette that people should not bash your work. If you don't like it then don't use it. I really feel you and Anniette are very talented and genourous with your work!!!!!I was just trying to say that we ALL should respect others. Thats all. We should respect the work of the airlines of the textures we use. Ask for permission or include a thank you or their copyright or trademark in the readme. If you use Anniettes, Mikes or anybody elses work just ask for permission and include a thankyou or whatever just regarding them as the original author. Just treat others as you want to be treated.This goes out to all of you but especially to Anniette! I am going to say I'm sorry. My intention wasn't to ruin the way you feel about this hobby. My intention wasn't to hurt you. I would just like to see more respect of others in this hobby including respect towards you!!! The way it may have come accross it might have not shown. Now if we can just move on and enjoy this hobby :)Jeff Cole

Amen Jeff,That logo thing is a real issue. I remember awhile back some airline sent out a bunch of cease and desist letters to painters. I think this is a hobby and we should keep it as such. I think that airlines are beginning to realize that. Anyway, Anniette Keep your head up girl - just like I told you before. I love your stuff, not because they're free (although free is good ;)), but because they say something about you. To me, your work says demonstrates that you are a giving person and enjoy sharing your work... it has an intangible deeper meaning. Anyway, I've been around the flight sim community for long time... BBS's, Genie, CServe, Use"less"net and I've learned one thing. You gotta have thick skin in this biz. In my case, I'm good at hitting the "ignore" button. We each have different thresholds... My oldest son is sensitive, while my youngest couldn't care less what people say or do. Do what you must, but don't let negative comments take away your light (or delight, in this case, for doing what you enjoy). Also, as far as liveries, you are not obligated to any of us. In the past I used to contribut to the combat flight sim community, but those days are long gone. I hang around but I rarely contribute more than advice because of the stuff I've seen. I almost left a couple times too, but I keep coming back because there are some kewl folks round here. :) Also, for this hobby to get strong again, we gotta let the newbies in. If you do combat sims, you'll know what I mean. Anyway, I rant on. I'm tired also so forgive me if I don't make sense in my post. I just felt the need to say that I for one would like to see you stick around, even if you do not make another livery.--TSeriously thinking about learning to paint, so he can get picked on too. :) ... Hey, how come I'm the only one in the room laughing? ... time for bed!-- This mesage haz not been edited by Talon :)

Guest Twister

Salut Aniette,There are pretentious imbeciles everywhere it seems... Some morons think they deserve the right to criticize freeware, I say : IGNORE THEM !It has been written a zillion times already: if you don't like a specific freeware - delete it and don't make a damned fuss out of it.(In short: Ne nous cassez pas les bonbons !)Some people are just plain scum: they won't hesitate to cheat, steal or insult. IGNORE THEM !As for the stealing of logos and liveries...please don't make me laugh ! Nobody's making money out of their damned logos and liveries (as far as freeware is concerned). The airlines should be proud and happy that their livery is used on a virtual aircraft and disseminated on the internet (not bad for publicity, maybe we should get paid for designing specific liveries by the airlines...)Aniette, no matter what some morons have told you, the vast majority of simmers appreciate what you do, we like your style and enjoy your contribution to this community."Les chiens aboient mais la caravane passe"All the best to youTwister

Guest 727Fan

Well now I'm gonna have to weigh-in on this one.Hey Jeff. One question.Who cares? Stir up the pot. Create a controversy. Make sure everyone here hires a lawyer so everything that is created or consumed passes the copyright laws.You're talking about huge transporation companies and their logos. And a bunch of computer sim pilots who just love to fly around in the privacy of their homes with electronic bit maps that depict a real-life airplane.I mean, come on! This isn't a big deal.Yeah and you apologized. Great!And in the process, you alienated a young, talented, and cool womanwho enthusiastically gave of her time so those of us with little talent or time could have more fun. She'll probably leave, fed up with all the dirty debris left from the latest bomb dropped here.So I assume you will begin offering legally sound repaints of aircraft for us?Man, some folks just have an intrinsic knack for spoiling the party.When did you join the AVSIM community?A couple of months ago? And what about the rest of us who have been around awhile longer?Yikes!Oh, and by the way Jeff. When Alpha did me a huge favor by painting Mike Stone's ERJ 145 and B1900D in regional SKYWAY colors, I presented the pre-published work to the President of SKYWAY. He thought they looked great! No mention was made of any copyright law violations.RickRick

Calm down Rick,It was a brave move on Jeff's part to make his apology public.Jeff does have a point from a legal stance regarding copyright, logo's ect, though most airlines welcome the free publicity this non profit "community" generates. If not Avsim, Flightsim.com and other would not exist today, if Tom had not taken to task a certain somebody you wouldnt have a hobby today. At the top of this page is thread by Tom, the person who may or may not be behind one payware organisation is the one who started this whole sorry mess, regarding copyright, trademark. Many innocent kids recieved heavyweight letters of cease and desist, I believe one was so traumatised he contemplated suicide. Remember also this is the man who publicly said he or his company would NEVER breech copyright, trademarks ect. Now IF (I use my words carefully)it is proven the the same person IS behind the same outfit, turn your anger and frustration on him, same goes for you Jeff. You then have a legitimate argument and he becomes a legitimate target for ALL of our anger and frustration and a few legal suites from the Airlines for breech of Copyright, Trademark ect.It's great to see a tidal wave of support for Anniette but none of you take it out on her or Jeff, bide your time and remember who the real hypocritical culprtit is.Respect and regards to you all.Elder statesman George

Ye Gods....please, please, please lock this thread.All I wanted to do is inform the people that have been e-mailing me exactly why Anniette has withdrawn. And low and behold, more of the same. Keep stirring guys. It stinks to high heaven.Mike Stone

Guest 727Fan

OK. I've calmed down now.I just read this latest thread last night after dealing with a blowing natural gas main struck by a careless contractor digging at night!!!!!!!!???????????I apologize for blowing-up. No pun intended.I just couldn't believe we find ourselves losing another talent. I came home to unwind and fly, and became unruly.Sorry.Rick

Mike, I agree with all that is said in this thread, and it really is a shame that she's decided to leave the forum.But are you really surprised that this thread started to take a turn for the worse? Everytime a thread starts by trying to explain the difficulty of being a freeware painter, etc., it almost always take a turn for the worse.sometimes silence is a better alternative to getting worked into a frenzy.