Sign in to follow this  

About Anniette (Alpha)

Calm down Rick,It was a brave move on Jeff's part to make his apology public.Jeff does have a point from a legal stance regarding copyright, logo's ect, though most airlines welcome the free publicity this non profit "community" generates. If not Avsim, Flightsim.com and other would not exist today, if Tom had not taken to task a certain somebody you wouldnt have a hobby today. At the top of this page is thread by Tom, the person who may or may not be behind one payware organisation is the one who started this whole sorry mess, regarding copyright, trademark. Many innocent kids recieved heavyweight letters of cease and desist, I believe one was so traumatised he contemplated suicide. Remember also this is the man who publicly said he or his company would NEVER breech copyright, trademarks ect. Now IF (I use my words carefully)it is proven the the same person IS behind the same outfit, turn your anger and frustration on him, same goes for you Jeff. You then have a legitimate argument and he becomes a legitimate target for ALL of our anger and frustration and a few legal suites from the Airlines for breech of Copyright, Trademark ect.It's great to see a tidal wave of support for Anniette but none of you take it out on her or Jeff, bide your time and remember who the real hypocritical culprtit is.Respect and regards to you all.Elder statesman George

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ye Gods....please, please, please lock this thread.All I wanted to do is inform the people that have been e-mailing me exactly why Anniette has withdrawn. And low and behold, more of the same. Keep stirring guys. It stinks to high heaven.Mike Stone

OK. I've calmed down now.I just read this latest thread last night after dealing with a blowing natural gas main struck by a careless contractor digging at night!!!!!!!!???????????I apologize for blowing-up. No pun intended.I just couldn't believe we find ourselves losing another talent. I came home to unwind and fly, and became unruly.Sorry.Rick

Mike, I agree with all that is said in this thread, and it really is a shame that she's decided to leave the forum.But are you really surprised that this thread started to take a turn for the worse? Everytime a thread starts by trying to explain the difficulty of being a freeware painter, etc., it almost always take a turn for the worse.sometimes silence is a better alternative to getting worked into a frenzy.