Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Help on Circle Tour of US!

I have my route pretty much planned out with what aircraft and locations to stop at except for a few holes in add-on scenery.looking for an airport/scenery for the Southeast states between KBWI and KATLbetween ktpa and KHOUanywhere in New Mexico, Western Texasbetween Las Vegas and Portlandand anything in either Idaho,Montana or WyomingThere are a lot of scenery holes here that I may just not know of, any suggestions?Cas

Guest PhilipManwaring

The easiest way to fill in these holes is to get a U.S.-wide mesh scenery. You may already have it, but if not that will make a huge difference. Also, consider a U.S.-wide landclass upgrade. Between the two, the holes won't look nearly so bad! I'd love to see your aircraft and flight plan choices when you get them done. Perhaps you could post or upload them? I've been thinking about a U.S. tour as well. Happy flying, Philip

Thanks but I have all mesh and landclass available installed, plus what I have done myself. Im talking Airports whether regional or international. There aren't to many freeware airport sceneries in the listed areas.Cas

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Cas -What aircraft are you using? If you are using a GA plane, there are a number of airport scenery enhancements/addons for many of these areas. Flightsim provides a "scenery lookup map" that is useful for finding sceneries for a particular area. I just found six or so for Oregon (limiting it to only FS2002 sceneries, even though FS2000 ones will probably work).Regards,http://www.pbase.com/image/4748837.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Jeffrey%20L.%20Snyder&distinct_entry=true|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS] [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1|AUDIO BIBLE] ] JEFF_S_KDTW@YAHOO.COM[/b

This is what I have so far for the routing.The double lines mean I want/need a location to shorten the leg. Preferably a regional/International. No grass strips.Cas

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Jeez, Cas, when you plan a series of flights, you really PLAN the series! :-lol That is a great route, including waypoints along the way, equipment, and times. Very well done. I'd really suggest checking out the scenery map at FS. It will probably help. :-)Regards,http://www.pbase.com/image/4753643.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Jeffrey%20L.%20Snyder&distinct_entry=true|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS] [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1|AUDIO BIBLE] ] JEFF_S_KDTW@YAHOO.COM[/b

The only way to do it! When I finish up the routing, I'm actually going to climb into my 172 from Cackleberry to DTW for the first leg. I have to get to the DC-9 somehow!Cas

Yo Jeff,I found a few things to liven up the scenery, but still nothing in Alabama/Mississippi or Lousiana. When I get home tonight Im going to calculate all my fuel needs and Metar reports for the first leg and be on my way this weekend. I'll post the finished route for anybody interested.When this is done, I will do it again with GA at Private stripsCas

Guest Jeff S KDTW