Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moghdad

Difficulty landing a particular airplane

I took Greg Pepper's excellent-looking Beechcraft Super-G18 up for a spin last night and had difficulty landing it. By "difficulty" I mean the darned thing would just float above the runway and never really lose airspeed. My last attempt was an approach at about 80knots, throttle at idle, landing gear down, flaps up, perhaps 20-30ft off the runway at the touchdown zone, but it would never set down on a 10,000ft-long runway. Airspeed would just hover right around 80knots & never drop off. If I tried to "put" it down with a gentle stick forward it would whack the props & the engine would shut down, after which I could brake to a halt. It was also behaving erratically on takeoff --- veering off the runway in light (7knot) winds, almost as if it was nearly weightless.I've had similar problems where another new freeware plane would crash no matter how gently I touched down & thought I'd read something about a solution to this sort of problem here in the AVSIM forums, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.Is this a problem with the G18 or a bug in fs2002 that I can work around?

Sorry to *bump* again, but surely somebody must've had this problem and can help. Anyone?

Guest Moghdad

I noticed that as well. Doesn't feel like a large plane. It is beautiful though, and I guess goes to show how hard it is to create flight models in MFS. Oh well, better shut up now. It is forbidden to speak anything but praise for freeware.