Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Nvidia Detonator 40

Guest Uwe

Hi everybody,will the new Nvidia Detonator Driver 40 work with Geforce Three cards? I tryed it a few times, without success.Thank you for your supportUwe

Yes its supposed to work ok. I think Nvidia though released them abit early and there are problems with them. I think there will be some newer drivers soon.I had a Geforce 3 card and they worked ok on that but had some strange graphical problems with certain games. For now Id install the 30.80s at the very least or go back to the 29.42s as they were quite good drivers for the geforce 3 or even further back to the 23.12's or the 23.11s, or the 2280s....OH Im not confusing you much am I, you see the problem is that some drivers work better on some folks PCs better than others so at least try the 2942s and if you dont like them then you can always try something else IMHO.Craig Kiltie

Guest Uwe

Thank you for that,I am using the 29.11. They are working not to bad on my System. It is a 1.7 Ghz Pentium IV with 1024 MB of RAM and Geforce 3, under Windows XP Professional.Although it is a multitasking system, you can run hundrets of Prgramms simultaniusly, but never ever FS2K2. When trying to set up a flight and then go on another program, Flightsim pauses. Ok, that was just for the record.Thanks for your advise.Uwe

UweIn the Fs2002 menu system goto Options then select General. In there you will see a check box called Pause on Task Switch. IF you uncheck it then when you task switch it will keep running in the background, also the same when you minimizing it to a small window.Hope that helps.

I'm having problems, in that I can't use the Nvidia display settings tab in the advanced section of display settings on Windows XP (SP1 installed).Never happened with the previous drivers, just this one. When I click on the Nvidia tab I get the annoying 'Would you like us to send a report to Microsoft so they can ignore it' prompt. I don't send. Rob

Guest Uwe

Hi Chuckmale,thank you for that answer, I did not realised that before, it works. But one more Question, is it also possible to let it run like an overlay? Cause when it now runs, and I change the task, it does not pause anymore, great! But it goes down to the bar. When i work, and I have my TV Card running, I can do both, work and watch TV. So is there any cance?Thanks again for the supportUwe

UWEIf you mean what Im thinking then do this.When you are running it as normal, press Ctrl and enter together this will then make it into a window and not put it into the taskbar. Then press Ctrl and Enter again to make it go fullscreen like before.Hope thats what you meant.Craig Kiltie

Did you have the 30.82s before?Thats a problem Ive heard some people had. The only way you might be able to stop getting that message is to goto Add remove programmes and remove the nvida programme....then reboot and then reinstall the 40.41s again as I think what happens is that some files from the previous drivers dont get deleted so theres a conflict there.It happens I think if you just install the new ones over the previous drivers without removing the older ones first.Craig Kiltie

Yes I did do that - installed over the old ones - silly me - I know I shouldn't have done that.Thanks mate - I'll give your advice a whirl.Rob