Sign in to follow this  

still no success with glidescope capture

No, the NAV light need not be on. Only the approach light.More flaps and a higher speed should do it.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

well i tried with Zero flaps same problemlanding on the grass,and also the plane takes a dip with up to 2000 fpm dive!

vonatcan you email me your plane, with air file i will try your planethanks

Guest WorkingStiff

More flaps does not mean zero flaps.

Landing with zero flaps? Now I'm yet to see that :) I always land with full flaps :) Unfortunately the FS2k2 G/S implementation is sadly lacking. Most payware panels are fitted with custom G/S, for example the PSS 747 and A320, which stick to it like glue. The PIC is pretty good as well, although it might lose the G/S in bad weather (high cross-winds).

Most of the planes I fly are payware, so I cannot send them to you. I would suggest you practice with the default planes first...the smaller they are and the slower they go, the easier. Try the Cessnas, then the Baron, then the Default 737. If all that works out, you should be able to land anything.Vonat

Hmmm, zero flaps eh? That should have been entertaining! As you've probably realised, you need to ensure that you're pursuing a realistic flap regime and I'd suggest as others have that you stick to one aircraft until you get it right. The default 737 is as good as any other for this purpose.The thing I don't think anyone else has mentioned is weight. If you're trying to land on full or nearly full tanks, you will experience problems with g/s capture for the obvious reason that the a/p is trying to adjust the flight profile from maintaining level flight to a gradual descent. Unless you have a payware aircraft where the weights are factored in realistically and the effects passed to the a/p by a flight management computer (I can't think of too many freeware aircraft that do this), the descent will probably be made assuming a relatively light aircraft. I've proved this to myself many time - take an aircaft and fly a circuit with it, on full tanks and try to capture the ILS. It will invariably dive because it's too heavy for what the default a/p code is expecting. Try it again with no more than about 25% fuel in two tanks. Tell us if it works out any different.Note there are excellent freeware aircraft/panels that do behave as I've suggested without an FMC, but they require that you're aware of the accurate weight of the aircraft including fuel and the need for you to factor that into your approach speed. If that seems a pain, I can only say that that his how the real aircraft are flown. Cheers,AndyEGTR

Right away, I've noted that your speed is a bit too slow with your flap settings.... In an A 319/320 in APR mode, I try to keep it at 145-150KIAS with full flap...remember that the aircraft will lose speed when you start the flare....You don't show full flaps in your shot.... With those settings, I'd come in around 160-165 KIAS, maybe a bit more. As soon as I'd hit and lock the G/S, then I might add a notch of flap which should put the a/c slightly above the g/s...You don't want to get into a situation where the aircraft is chasing the G/S lock. FS will adjust the pitch trim, which will slow the aircraft, reduce lift, and quite often move you further below from the G/S.... You want to lock the G/S at a speed vs. flap setting which will maintain the G/S with only minor intervention from FS's autopilot. If you see the aircraft slipping under the G/S, you want to apply a bit of power, then back off slowly until the G/S stabilizes. But once you have the proper intercept speed vs. flap settings locked into your mind, the G/S will track well.One other issue which can cause a problem.... The APR uses elevator trim to respond to deviations in the G/S.... You may have to increase the aircraft's trim sensitivity to make it a "good g/s tracker". You can add or adjust a line under flight dynamics called elevator_trim_effectiveness, and that can help with the odd problem aircraft.-John

well guysi have tried different flap settings, i just used zero flaps as an example:-zhelp

To me.... everything looks okay, and like someone else said, I bet you have way too much fuel. I usually take off with about 30% fuel if the flight is 30 minutes or less. Try thatRick

well as you can see i am only landing with 5% fuel on board

What about speed, as I was discussing? Stick with the example you had in your screenshots, and try coming in about 10kts faster. If that doesn't work, try 15kts faster, 20kts faster, etc.... I think you're being told to shuffle too many ideas... Stick with landing config or close to it, and try to use speed to help the a/p stay linked with the G/S.And, if all else fails, try the aircraft.cfg mod I suggested to give the a/p a bit more responsiveness in tracking the g/s....-John

It is acting as if the air brakes are deployed. You didn't accidentally hit the "/" key?. The nose is level and it's descending at 1800 FPM. Weird! Rick

ok..... Hit Nav to capture the localiser about 10-12 miles out. be at about 3000ft agl..... be configured for landing...... in the def737 140kts and full flaps gear down etc... Watch the GS come down.... *when its between the centre and the first notch up* hit the app and it will capture fine.. From your first picture app was hit to early. The trick is knowing when to hit the app button.. to EARLY and you DIVE .. too LATE and you go UP ..again then... Nav for localiser 3000ft, 12nm, 140, full flaps, gear down ... 1/2 a notch above centre hit the app to capture. should be about 10nm out at 3000.I also find that a shallow descent (300fpm) helps to prevent the sudden nose down during GS capture.. so when you see the gs come down descend at 300fpm towards 2000.. more?..... ah... the wonders of geekhood.. The suggestion of trying in smaller planes is a very good one.. do it!:-)Pete

Part of the problem may be the baro setting.... Notice it's at 29.92? I doubt that's the pressure at ground level... He should be pressing the "b" key to calibrate the pressure.... The descent rate may be caused by the loss of lift given the slow approach speed vs. the flap settings....