Sign in to follow this  

still no success with glidescope capture

thanks guys all your tips are valuablenow i have another problem,when i start FS my pc keeps rebooting randonmlyi had it sitting there idling for an hour and it didnt reboot, so i guess the extra load on the CPU may have something to do with iti only have a 235W power supply an old one from my P2 300 as my other power supply died,so i may have to buy another one today a 300W Enermax onep.s any idea where i can get info on how to install a Power Supply in the computer?my current power supply has no power fan or chassin fani have a P3 800 with 256 SD RAM could this be the problem of it rebooting randomly?

The rebooting is probably a symptom of an over heat problem. The same thing was happening to me last weekend. Finally the power supply died. The fan was clogged up with dust and sticky goo!I decided to buy a whole new tower, and some other things for inside it.. :-) ... I was due an upgrade anyway....:-)Pete

I run on a P3/800 with 256 megs...never had a random reboot.I have a 250w power supply, 235w is marginal, but it also depends on how many hardware periphs you've installed on your system. Cooling is really important, and lack of it can cause random reboots... Get a table fan, open up the case, and try running FS with the table fan blowing at about a 45 deg. angle in relation to the motherboard.... You want to blow air over and away from the cpu.... If your room is very humid, you won't get a huge benefit from air cooling, however. One of the reasons I can live in the desert and cope with 110 degree heat for three months is the lack of humidity....any breeze plus some shade, and I feel like it's in the mid 80's.... Your computer "feels" the same way, depending on how humid the surrounding air is. The more humidity, the less cooling a fan can provide...Also, in a previous post I noted that you are not resetting the altimeter prior to landing...your screenshots show it set at 29.92... This can give the a/p fits when it tries to track the glideslope.....

hi John,well i do press "b" before landing to get the correct QNHanyway i am not flying online without any real weatheri have opened my case and there us breeze coming in, also i feel the air at the back of the pc from the fan and the wind is pretty cool, so i dont think it is overheating

Took a look at your pictures. I think the problem is that you are still descending on AP when you intercept the glideslope. You need to intercept the localiser, and be LEVEL and BELOW the glideslope for proper glideslope capture. As others have stated, a little more speed will help too.Gary

One thing you have to look at before trying to capture the glideslope. Try this, be at 3000feet, 200 knots, extend flaps as desired. Maintain 3000, 200 knots, try intercept 12 nm out of airport. You should be below the glideslope, poiting out at a deviated 30 degrees. (For eg, landing runway 20, fly at 170). Press the app button. When it starts to intercept and turns, slow further, remember your flaps. When GS starts to come alive, gear down, flaps 30 ( for ur 737), slow further. When intercepting GS, slow to 150 knots flaps 40.

Hmmm did he realise we are trying to say full flaps (40 degrees), not zero flaps? He seems to be repeating that he tried with zero flaps.Just to be stupid... Try doing the same approach with full flaps, at 190 knots. Now you should overshoot the glideslope (duh) and not land on the grass. Lower the speed bit by bit to see at what speed your plane will capture the glideslope best. You may say, hey, the 737 approach speed should be 140 to 150 knots. But remember you are not flying a real 737. It is only someone trying to simulate the performance of a 737. If they didn't do it properly, then 140 to 150 knots is not the appropriate speed any more.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

well i tried a few planesthe posky and default 737 were pretty ok, i intercepted the GS at 160 kts, that seemed to do the trick,but the best was this A340 which landed perfectly everytime - i also did the flight i took from the plane on the above screenshots, and look at this landing compared to the one on top,