Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

XP SP1- Who's having trouble?

Follow Up: Tinkering around with things and for some reason decided to uncheck my Window98 compatability setting on FS2k2. I have been running in W98 mode for many months. After adding some panels, beginning with AA727-200 Adv my FS nad even PC would freeze up or go back to menu. Final solution was to goto W98 mode as suggested by someone. That has worked well for me with no performance problems. Anyway, I went into FS in XP mode and took a look for my missing Map View data. Voila! They were back. Somehow the new SP1 is partial to XP only when it comes to Map View. Problem is I tried XP mode after SP1 update and had crashes again. Next plan maybe to keep SP1 and just start dumping gauges/panels that cause this FS indigestion. Any good Gauge cleaners to identify Panel to Gauge? Somewhere out here there are a few more people with this Map problem. I wonder if W98 mode is their problem too? Paul

I've tried to install the SP1 twice and each time during the reboot I could only get to safe mode. The ONLY diagnostic I got was while in safe mode the hardware manager showed a yellow explaination point on my APC power chute backup software, saying that "it might not be properly recognized."I successfully removed the patch each time. BTW, my video card is a Gainward GF4Ti4200.I haven't a clue as to what might be wrong. ANY IDEAS ANYONE????

Guest flightpro08

I've had no problems with SP1. Not much of a change in regards to performance, but the 'flickering' and 'swimming' texture problems seemed to be fixed with the upgrade in DirectX. The only side-effect I've had in the blurry FS2k2 text. This really isn't a problem and I am sure will be addressed in the next set of offical nVidia drivers.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298