Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

AI B737s/A320s keep parking at my Large Gates...

how do I stop that from happening?I am trying to keep the whole international terminal at KSFO only A340s, 777s and 747s which is mostly what it is like in real life with the exception of a few flights a day that go to Mexico and Canada which use smaller aircraft.I have designated gates G91 through G102 (as in real life) as heavy gates, however, I keep seeing 737s and A320s park there. Any clue how to prevent this?

What size are the Heavy Gates and what size radius do the aircraft have? As mentioned in another post, download AITM http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM and use it to view, change the radius of the aircraft. You also need to use AFCAD to size the gates to match the radius of each aircraft you want to go to a particular gate.Remember, a Heavy will only go to a gate that will fit it, but smaller aircraft can go to the larger gates.

What you said in the last sentence is exactly my problem - that small planes sometimes go to Heavy gates, even if they are set to 177.2 ft which is the largest Heavy setting.So, even though I have 177.2ft set designed for 747s, I sometimes get smaller 737s and A320s parking there.

Guest Niels_C

Hello there,I have not tried it, but would the late Stottlemire's"add a gate" fix the issue? Perhaps such behaviour issomewhere deep in MSFS and cannot lightly be addressed.Is the issue even addressed in one of the developerpacks? How about asking in the scenery forum?Too many questions for an answer, really ;-).-Niels C.

If an AI flight arrives or is available at your flight time, andthere are no other gates that will accommdate the airplane size, it WILL take a heavy gate. Make sure you have gates that will accommodate your medium sized jets as well as the heavies. You mightalso consider easing back on the number of AI flights you have. If all the medium gates are used, the next sized gate gets the available plane.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg