Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Anybody using FSAssist 2002 here?

I am considering whether to reinstal FSAssist 2002 despite my new P4 because while the visuals are generally excellent, I am surprised at how relatively low the fps are (down to about 15-18) in very dense scenery areas with settings that seem to be about average for heavy simmers. Is anybody here using FSAssist 2002 on a major Ghz machine (i.e., anything of, say, 1.8Ghz and above)? If so, do you find it works well? Do you have any operating issues with it?Appreciate posts, thanks!JS

Hey JS, Those framerates are NOT low for FS2002. Still pretty fluid. Low is 10 and under. FSAssist will help your framerates by adjusting the scenery settings. So what would be the point(if you like the settings set high)? I'd be happy as a clam in the sea if I could get those frames (15-18)in very dense scenery settings. Hope that helps!Jason

Thanks Jason:Perhaps I am off base with my new P4 (2.53Ghz) but I thought I'd get at least 25 KLAX in the PSS 744 with all sliders set to extreme right. But it's more like 15 to 18 fps in the PSS 744 and 16 to 22 in the default Cessna. I guess the movement does look pretty fluid (well, OK, very fluid!). I set my cap to 26 fps for the sim although I could get much more at FL350. But then the processor would be straining again down on approach to produce those higher fps and it would never come close if I set the cap to say 35 fps. That's why I was thinking about FSAssist again.I just did an approach into PHNL with everything maxed out and heavyish clouds in the AFG 737-800, and the fps were 21 to 26 (capped) so I was a happy camper with that.Thanks for your post.JS