Sign in to follow this  
Guest crj50

Air Canadien Virtuel (ACV) is now Star Alliance Virtuel

Guest DanielPamme

Well, you should check your legal situation. I'm not sure if you have a permission by Star Alliance.Because, there is already a official virtual Star Alliance (www.vastaralliance.org), founded by Austrian virtual with a authorisation to do so.

Guest crj50

Thanks. We knew there was Virtual Star Alliance but our VA is different as it is not a union of VA'S and we operate in french only.As for permission by the real Star Alliance, we are negociating with them. BTW, are you sure Virtual Star Alliance is authorised by the real company? If so, they should indicate it on their site...

Guest DanielPamme

Yes, they should. But they have only authorisated virtual airlines and the alliance was founded by the official Austrian virtual. So let me explain it. It doesn't matter if you are one single group or a real alliance. You're using the name, and that's against the legal copyrights. If you got a permission by the real Star Alliance, everything is fine. But I don't think they would give it to you. Sorry.

Guest crj50

How come they won't give it to us? You are kidding... They gave it to Virtual Star Alliance (as you pretended)... so ? Let me explain it to you : when you give an authorisation to one VA you have no choice to give it to another one. Clear? You're using the name, and that's against the legal copyrights. You are probably a newcomer to the VA business...So, I will explain it to you.Hundreds of VA'S use real airlines names without problems. The real airlines don't care as it is good publicity to them and as long as the VA specified they have no link with the real airline.

That's not the case. Many real-world companies / airlines / organisations will give permission not only in setting a legal precedent but also on the basis of the quality of the spin-off site. They'll want to see each one for themselves and be satisfied that it is made clear the it's not the original site or owned by the original company. It also must support the reputation of the original company at the same time.

Guest DanielPamme

You use the logos of at least 4 companies, without permission to do so:-Lufthansa-Air Canada-United-Star AllianceIt doesn't matter if it's good publicity. Using logo and names of companies without a authorisation is ilegal.Do what you want, just wanted to advice you.

Guest crj50

I know that...also. In fact, people creating planes for FS2004/FS2002 are doing illegal actions painting planes in the liveries of real airlines and using their logos. This has been discussed here when AA wanted to ban planes using their colors and logos. AA changed it's mind... because of so many angry simmers. They now tolerate as all airlines do!The same apply to VA's. Thanks anyway.